ITT: Knock, Eskimo, & Friends Predict Your Chances

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
trudat15
Posts: 900
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2010 11:57 pm

Re: ITT: Knock, Eskimo, & Friends Predict Your Chances

Postby trudat15 » Sun Oct 31, 2010 4:37 am

.
Last edited by trudat15 on Sun Oct 31, 2010 9:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Jack Smirks
Posts: 1340
Joined: Sat May 15, 2010 5:35 am

Re: ITT: Knock, Eskimo, & Friends Predict Your Chances

Postby Jack Smirks » Sun Oct 31, 2010 4:43 am

DAAAaaangg this thread blew up.

User avatar
Eugenie Danglars
Posts: 2353
Joined: Wed Jul 07, 2010 12:04 pm

Re: ITT: Knock, Eskimo, & Friends Predict Your Chances

Postby Eugenie Danglars » Sun Oct 31, 2010 5:04 am

Knock, what have you done?!

Actually, this is an interesting glimpse into human psychology- how many people are willing to ask for and accept advice from a stranger who portrays himself as knowledgeable (without any proof). I mean, Knock, you know you stuff, but I'm just saying... a lot of people posting ITT don't know you from Adam.

User avatar
sophia.olive
Posts: 885
Joined: Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:38 pm

Re: ITT: Knock, Eskimo, & Friends Predict Your Chances

Postby sophia.olive » Sun Oct 31, 2010 5:09 am

Eugenie Danglars wrote:Knock, what have you done?!

Actually, this is an interesting glimpse into human psychology- how many people are willing to ask for and accept advice from a stranger who portrays himself as knowledgeable (without any proof). I mean, Knock, you know you stuff, but I'm just saying... a lot of people posting ITT don't know you from Adam.

I think it is just for fun. Alice is so hot. I met Rose Rollins.

User avatar
Eugenie Danglars
Posts: 2353
Joined: Wed Jul 07, 2010 12:04 pm

Re: ITT: Knock, Eskimo, & Friends Predict Your Chances

Postby Eugenie Danglars » Sun Oct 31, 2010 8:07 am

sophia.olive wrote:
Eugenie Danglars wrote:Knock, what have you done?!

Actually, this is an interesting glimpse into human psychology- how many people are willing to ask for and accept advice from a stranger who portrays himself as knowledgeable (without any proof). I mean, Knock, you know you stuff, but I'm just saying... a lot of people posting ITT don't know you from Adam.

I think it is just for fun. Alice is so hot. I met Rose Rollins.


Yeah, I know it's for fun :-) It's still interesting that people that don't normally interact with him would sign on though. Who're Alice and Rose?

User avatar
sophia.olive
Posts: 885
Joined: Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:38 pm

Re: ITT: Knock, Eskimo, & Friends Predict Your Chances

Postby sophia.olive » Sun Oct 31, 2010 8:14 am

Oh I thought your picture was alice from the L-word. Rose was the actress that played her lover.


http://www.bing.com/videos/watch/video/ ... FORM=VIRE3

User avatar
Ragged
Posts: 1509
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2009 12:39 pm

Re: ITT: Knock, Eskimo, & Friends Predict Your Chances

Postby Ragged » Sun Oct 31, 2010 12:26 pm

eit wrote:Softs: SPCA volunteering, a "conversation partner" volunteer to help ESL students, membership in a Greek and Roman Studies Course Union (lol does this even count? probs not), Greek and Latin Language Club, possibly a Medieval Latin Research Group thing, membership in an international honors society.



question about that, I have alot of such bullshit clubs too, but is it even worth putting on your resume? I mean are people at Harvard honestly going to be impressed by a chess club or something? I put it all on my resume last time, not sure I'm gonna do it this time around. Opinions?

User avatar
Deuce
Posts: 1048
Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:12 am

Re: ITT: Knock, Eskimo, & Friends Predict Your Chances

Postby Deuce » Sun Oct 31, 2010 12:34 pm

JJDancer wrote:Knock - how was the retake?

168/167
3.7
Top 50 private
Softs: worked PT through UG, 2 legal internships, 1 major leadership position, volunteer tutoring and fundraising for cancer patients
regional pref: Los Angeles
Targets/reaches: ut austin, usc, UCLA, cornell
Unrealistic reaches: nyu/columbia lol I doubt I will apply since they are such reaches


In: UT, USC
Good chance: UCLA, Cornell
Out: NYU/Columbia

I'd still give NYU/Columbia a shot, and add some 7-14 schools. You never know just who will bite.

User avatar
Deuce
Posts: 1048
Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:12 am

Re: ITT: Knock, Eskimo, & Friends Predict Your Chances

Postby Deuce » Sun Oct 31, 2010 12:38 pm

icouldbuyu wrote:LSDAS GPA: 3.87 (top 5% rank)
LSAT Score(s): 167
URM Status: No
UG Institution: Fordham
Work Experience: intern at two major firms on wall street...managed a family business
Softs: several honor societies
Regional Preference: NY
Targets/Reaches: Cornell, MVP, Georgetown
Anything Else (optional):


In: Cornell
WL: Georgetown, Michigan
Out: Virginia, Penn

Are you going to be adding any safeties? You'd be good for most of the 15-20, I'd apply broadly there.

User avatar
icouldbuyu
Posts: 254
Joined: Sun Oct 24, 2010 3:52 pm

Re: ITT: Knock, Eskimo, & Friends Predict Your Chances

Postby icouldbuyu » Sun Oct 31, 2010 1:05 pm

...
Last edited by icouldbuyu on Sat Aug 27, 2011 12:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Brick_Tamlin
Posts: 21
Joined: Sat Apr 17, 2010 11:17 am

Re: ITT: Knock, Eskimo, & Friends Predict Your Chances

Postby Brick_Tamlin » Sun Oct 31, 2010 1:09 pm

.
Last edited by Brick_Tamlin on Mon Nov 01, 2010 8:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
JoeShmoe11
Posts: 355
Joined: Sat Oct 09, 2010 3:16 pm

Re: ITT: Knock, Eskimo, & Friends Predict Your Chances

Postby JoeShmoe11 » Sun Oct 31, 2010 1:26 pm

LSDAS GPA: 3.79
LSAT Score(s): Cancel/172
URM Status: NO
UG Institution: Rutgers NB - Bio/Psych double major
Work Experience: Only what I've worked while in college: held jobs for three summers, during most school years. Own a small business (registered with NJ business bureau).
Softs: Some experience with local judge, some volunteer work, Vice-Pres and Editor of Academic Journal, a couple academic honors
Regional Preference: Northeast
Targets/Reaches: Columbia (ED VS No ED), Harvard, Yale, NYU
Anything Else (optional): Thank you :)

User avatar
lzyovrachievr
Posts: 1695
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:24 am

Re: ITT: Knock, Eskimo, & Friends Predict Your Chances

Postby lzyovrachievr » Sun Oct 31, 2010 3:14 pm

Ohai guys! Chances Plz! (Can pay in lolcats!)

LSDAS GPA: 3.77
LSAT Score(s): 165, 170, 173
URM Status: N/A
UG Institution: Top 25 Liberal Arts School
Work Experience: 5 gov't related internships, 1 year off after college, LSAT tutoring, other unrelated things
Softs: couple publications, founded on-campus charitable group, participation in 4 community activities, several on-campus leadership activities, 4 years volunteer sexual assault counselor, soon to be trilingual, ridiculously long thesis
Regional Preference: DC/NY/International
Targets/Reaches: HYSCCN, MV, Gtown
Anything Else (optional): DS, lower socio-economic group, from Appalachia

asoli
Posts: 55
Joined: Sun Jul 12, 2009 7:38 pm

Re: ITT: Knock, Eskimo, & Friends Predict Your Chances

Postby asoli » Sun Oct 31, 2010 3:22 pm

LSDAS GPA:3.35
LSAT Score(s):156
URM Status:nope
UG Institution:private School in southern california
Work Experience:part time summer and during school and full time summer
Softs: coauthored a published paper, interned at animal rescue
Regional Preference:west coast
Targets/Reaches:where ever I have the best shot at getting into
Anything Else (optional): I wasn't really planning on applying this cycle because of my horrible LSAT but if I can get in somewhere respectable I'd like to not wait a year.
Last edited by asoli on Sun Oct 31, 2010 3:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Patriot1208
Posts: 7044
Joined: Tue May 18, 2010 11:28 am

Re: ITT: Knock, Eskimo, & Friends Predict Your Chances

Postby Patriot1208 » Sun Oct 31, 2010 3:23 pm

icouldbuyu wrote:
Ildeuce wrote:
icouldbuyu wrote:LSDAS GPA: 3.87 (top 5% rank)
LSAT Score(s): 167
URM Status: No
UG Institution: Fordham
Work Experience: intern at two major firms on wall street...managed a family business
Softs: several honor societies
Regional Preference: NY
Targets/Reaches: Cornell, MVP, Georgetown
Anything Else (optional):


In: Cornell
WL: Georgetown, Michigan
Out: Virginia, Penn

Are you going to be adding any safeties? You'd be good for most of the 15-20, I'd apply broadly there.



I figure my safeties are Fordham, BU, GW, and Cardozo. I want to practice in big law, so I'm a little worried about potentially attending these schools due to the poor job market. I'm thinking about retaking the LSAT, but I have taken every practice test and dont have any other material to prep with. So, if I retake my score might drop by a little, which would prolly look bad. What do you suggest? Should I retake?


You definitely need to retake if you think you can score higher and want biglaw.

User avatar
icouldbuyu
Posts: 254
Joined: Sun Oct 24, 2010 3:52 pm

Re: ITT: Knock, Eskimo, & Friends Predict Your Chances

Postby icouldbuyu » Sun Oct 31, 2010 4:45 pm

.....
Last edited by icouldbuyu on Sat Aug 27, 2011 12:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
piccolittle
Posts: 1118
Joined: Mon Oct 06, 2008 4:16 pm

Re: ITT: Knock, Eskimo, & Friends Predict Your Chances

Postby piccolittle » Sun Oct 31, 2010 4:55 pm

Helps plz!

LSDAS GPA: Foreign, 'above average' rating, approximate GPA of like 3.1 though
LSAT Score(s): 175
URM Status: nope :(
UG Institution: Foreign, top 3 in UK (did an LLB)
Work Experience: part-time legal assistant, 3-summer editorial internship, currently on 6 month legal internship with major global online retailer
Softs: very very few. the usual clubs, student jurisprudence review
Regional Preference: NY/CA/VA
Targets/Reaches: Reaches - Columbia (ED), Virginia, NYU, Berkeley; Targets(??) - UCLA, USC, Cornell, Duke
Anything Else (optional): admitted to the NY Bar March 2010 (took exam in July 2009, immediately after finishing my undergrad... don't ask!)

User avatar
Patriot1208
Posts: 7044
Joined: Tue May 18, 2010 11:28 am

Re: ITT: Knock, Eskimo, & Friends Predict Your Chances

Postby Patriot1208 » Sun Oct 31, 2010 4:57 pm

icouldbuyu wrote:
Patriot1208 wrote:
icouldbuyu wrote:
Ildeuce wrote:In: Cornell
WL: Georgetown, Michigan
Out: Virginia, Penn

Are you going to be adding any safeties? You'd be good for most of the 15-20, I'd apply broadly there.



I figure my safeties are Fordham, BU, GW, and Cardozo. I want to practice in big law, so I'm a little worried about potentially attending these schools due to the poor job market. I'm thinking about retaking the LSAT, but I have taken every practice test and dont have any other material to prep with. So, if I retake my score might drop by a little, which would prolly look bad. What do you suggest? Should I retake?


You definitely need to retake if you think you can score higher and want biglaw.


Lets say my score drops by one or two points. Would this knock me out of Cornell? Or would they only count the higher LSAT?


you'd still likely be in at cornell

JJDancer
Posts: 1564
Joined: Sun Jul 26, 2009 7:41 pm

Re: ITT: Knock, Eskimo, & Friends Predict Your Chances

Postby JJDancer » Sun Oct 31, 2010 5:02 pm

icouldbuyu wrote:Lets say my score drops by one or two points. Would this knock me out of Cornell? Or would they only count the higher LSAT?


I would hope/think they consider the highest. (I retook a 168 and got a 167.)
But Cornell doubled the # of apps it got last year so I would not be surprised to see its medians RISE.

whymeohgodno
Posts: 2508
Joined: Mon Jul 19, 2010 8:15 pm

Re: ITT: Knock, Eskimo, & Friends Predict Your Chances

Postby whymeohgodno » Sun Oct 31, 2010 5:05 pm

JJDancer wrote:
icouldbuyu wrote:Lets say my score drops by one or two points. Would this knock me out of Cornell? Or would they only count the higher LSAT?


I would hope/think they consider the highest. (I retook a 168 and got a 167.)
But Cornell doubled the # of apps it got last year so I would not be surprised to see its medians RISE.

Cornell only considers the highest if it is at least 3 points higher.

JJDancer
Posts: 1564
Joined: Sun Jul 26, 2009 7:41 pm

Re: ITT: Knock, Eskimo, & Friends Predict Your Chances

Postby JJDancer » Sun Oct 31, 2010 5:05 pm

JoeShmoe11 wrote:LSDAS GPA: 3.79
LSAT Score(s): Cancel/172
URM Status: NO
UG Institution: Rutgers NB - Bio/Psych double major
Work Experience: Only what I've worked while in college: held jobs for three summers, during most school years. Own a small business (registered with NJ business bureau).
Softs: Some experience with local judge, some volunteer work, Vice-Pres and Editor of Academic Journal, a couple academic honors
Regional Preference: Northeast
Targets/Reaches: Columbia (ED VS No ED), Harvard, Yale, NYU
Anything Else (optional): Thank you :)

I don't know if I am "allowed" to do this but here goes:

Columbia ED: In
Columbia RD: WL/In
Harvard: WL
Yale: Out
NYU: In
MVP: In

JJDancer
Posts: 1564
Joined: Sun Jul 26, 2009 7:41 pm

Re: ITT: Knock, Eskimo, & Friends Predict Your Chances

Postby JJDancer » Sun Oct 31, 2010 5:07 pm

whymeohgodno wrote:
JJDancer wrote:
icouldbuyu wrote:Lets say my score drops by one or two points. Would this knock me out of Cornell? Or would they only count the higher LSAT?


I would hope/think they consider the highest. (I retook a 168 and got a 167.)
But Cornell doubled the # of apps it got last year so I would not be surprised to see its medians RISE.

Cornell only considers the highest if it is at least 3 points higher.

That's correct. I forgot about that being their official policy.

User avatar
catsparka
Posts: 267
Joined: Fri Sep 10, 2010 4:50 pm

Re: ITT: Knock, Eskimo, & Friends Predict Your Chances

Postby catsparka » Sun Oct 31, 2010 5:07 pm

LSDAS GPA: 3.95
LSAT Score(s): 179
URM Status: No
UG Institution: Non-HYP ivy
Work Experience: one management consulting internship, one small teaching gig
Softs: leader of small student group
Regional Preference: None
Anything Else (optional): No scholarships/fellowships/membership in honor societies. Basically huge blank under this section on applications.

User avatar
Deuce
Posts: 1048
Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:12 am

Re: ITT: Knock, Eskimo, & Friends Predict Your Chances

Postby Deuce » Sun Oct 31, 2010 5:11 pm

catsparka wrote:LSDAS GPA: 3.95
LSAT Score(s): 179
URM Status: No
UG Institution: Non-HYP ivy
Work Experience: one management consulting internship, one small teaching gig
Softs: leader of small student group
Regional Preference: None
Anything Else (optional): No scholarships/fellowships/membership in honor societies. Basically huge blank under this section on applications.


In everywhere.

User avatar
ebo
Posts: 311
Joined: Sat Oct 30, 2010 4:49 pm

Re: ITT: Knock, Eskimo, & Friends Predict Your Chances

Postby ebo » Sun Oct 31, 2010 5:13 pm

.
Last edited by ebo on Mon Jan 24, 2011 11:43 am, edited 1 time in total.




Return to “What are my chances?”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Lawschool305, ND2018 and 6 guests