What are my chances at UVA ED? Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
jacko

New

What are my chances at UVA ED?

Post by jacko » Tue Oct 26, 2010 11:52 pm

I was hoping that someone could let me know what they think my chances are ED at UVA. I'm from an unknown school with 3.9+ and am taking the LSAT on December 11. I know that this is relatively late and I won't have a score until at least January. However, I'm just about ready to send in my app and all of my LORs etc are in so I'm only waiting on my score until my app is submitted to UVA. I, like everyone else am hoping for a 170, but with a 168 or lower, I will be applying to UVA ED.

I was just wondering what my chances would be with such a late app if I got in the 166/167/168 range. I know 3 points is huge but I just want a general idea. I'm out of state but I think I have decent law related experience and from what they have conveyed to me, excellent LORs that have been individually tailored to UVA.

Where do you think I stand barring an abnormally high/low LSAT?

im_blue

Gold

Re: What are my chances at UVA ED?

Post by im_blue » Wed Oct 27, 2010 12:22 am

You'll have a decent shot, but applying in January as a nonresident will be tough. Also if you hit 168+ you should hold out for Chicago, NYU, or $ at another T14.

ATR

Silver

Post by ATR » Wed Oct 27, 2010 12:31 am

im_blue wrote:You'll have a decent shot, but applying in January as a nonresident will be tough. Also if you hit 168+ you should hold out for Chicago, NYU, or $ at another T14.
Really, a 3.9+/168 has a shot at Chicago and NYU?

beachbum

Gold

Post by beachbum » Wed Oct 27, 2010 12:36 am

I think it's really gonna be dependent upon how their class is shaping up. If you were to apply today with a high-160's LSAT and a 3.9 GPA, you'd be just about auto-admit. But in January... well, a lot can happen between now and then. It's definitely worth a shot, but I'm hesitant to give a prediction one way or the other.

...But with that said, if you come back with a 170+, I gotta believe you're in.

im_blue

Gold

Post by im_blue » Wed Oct 27, 2010 12:38 am

atresia wrote:
im_blue wrote:You'll have a decent shot, but applying in January as a nonresident will be tough. Also if you hit 168+ you should hold out for Chicago, NYU, or $ at another T14.
Probably about 30% at Chicago and NYU, so not a great shot but substantial enough to be worth applying.
http://chicago.lawschoolnumbers.com/app ... ,8&type=jd

With a 3.9+/169 NYU becomes more than 50/50:
http://nyu.lawschoolnumbers.com/applica ... ,8&type=jd

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

jacko

New

Post by jacko » Wed Oct 27, 2010 1:04 am

im_blue wrote:
atresia wrote:
Probably about 30% at Chicago and NYU, so not a great shot but substantial enough to be worth applying.
http://chicago.lawschoolnumbers.com/app ... ,8&type=jd

With a 3.9+/169 NYU becomes more than 50/50:
http://nyu.lawschoolnumbers.com/applica ... ,8&type=jd
Hopefully I get up into the 168/169 category and then I'll have to give some serious thought to apply ED or not. Right now I have now clue. Right now, I can score well enough in each section to get to that score, I just need to practice stringing those sections together on the same test consistently.

jacko

New

Post by jacko » Thu Oct 28, 2010 5:40 pm

I would appreciate some additional input and I was also wondering what score I would need to get into UCLA or Texas as an out of state resident with my GPA.

As always thanks

jacko

New

Post by jacko » Sun Oct 31, 2010 6:00 pm

Bump Bump Bump!

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “What are my chances?”