Retaking the LSAT after 3 years Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
DevDoc82

New

Retaking the LSAT after 3 years

Post by DevDoc82 » Sun Oct 24, 2010 9:29 am

I am currently enrolled in a LSAT prep course in hopes of improving a horrid score I obtain after a cold turkey attempt on the LSAT 3 years ago. My question is whether or not that score will crush my hopes at obtaining admissions into a top 50 law school? Here is a little bit about my background. I have a 3.82 undergraduate GPA and extensive military background. My undergraduate education pertained to Middle Eastern Studies/Arabic. Not only have I served in the Middle East (Fallujah, Iraq), but I have also study the Arabic language in Jordan, Egypt, and Syria. My military experience in Iraq revolved around "Operation Phantom Fury," where I was a Navy Corpsmen attach to a Marine infantry unit. I have various awards and commendations from this experience. Does experience matter at all in the Law school application process?

I will be retaking the LSAT June 2011. Any advice or feedback on this will be greatly appreciated.

crysmissmichelle

Bronze

Re: Retaking the LSAT after 3 years

Post by crysmissmichelle » Sun Oct 24, 2010 9:59 am

With a 3.82 a simply decent LSAT score can get you in just about anywhere. . .add in the military history (appropriatley described) and you're a shoe in.

Anyway, the biggest thing here is to study the right way and get a good foundation for the test. What are you using to study right now? What are your weaknesses and strengths with the test? I would buy Logic Games and Logical Reasoning Bible and one of the books of ten (or all three) and the latest 10 LSATS to practice with. Use the latest 10 last. Have you checked out the LSAT Prep section? There are several different study plans presented that can keep you on track.

Good luck :)

tranquil

New

Post by tranquil » Sun Oct 24, 2010 10:01 am

I sent you a PM

DevDoc82

New

Post by DevDoc82 » Sun Oct 24, 2010 10:14 am

crysmissmichelle wrote:With a 3.82 a simply decent LSAT score can get you in just about anywhere. . .add in the military history (appropriatley described) and you're a shoe in.

Anyway, the biggest thing here is to study the right way and get a good foundation for the test. What are you using to study right now? What are your weaknesses and strengths with the test? I would buy Logic Games and Logical Reasoning Bible and one of the books of ten (or all three) and the latest 10 LSATS to practice with. Use the latest 10 last. Have you checked out the LSAT Prep section? There are several different study plans presented that can keep you on track.

Good luck :)
I am taking the ACE LSAT prep course offered online. They sent me 50 actual LSAT tests to practice and extensive explanatory DVD to boot. I feel that the instruction thus far is quite superior and worth my time. The program gives student a ton of homework to really understand the concepts of the test and a great deal of instruction in formal logic as well. This has helped me improve quite a bit on the games section already. My weakness that besets me the most is Logical Reasoning section and the time constraints. I just need a lot of time to familiarize myself with the test.

My goal is to do all the tests and understand the explanations given. The instructor of the course goes into great detail to help students understand the material and really master the test. I just need to be persistent and work hard. I would like to thank you for your time and advice on this matter.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “What are my chances?”