I got suspended Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
adedabirdy

New

Re: I got suspended

Post by adedabirdy » Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:49 pm

romothesavior wrote:
TCScrutinizer wrote:I'm not that familiar with r6, so maybe I'm missing some bias that others have...but what's unreasonable about setting boundaries of behavior for people that you have a responsibility to care for? I'm a little confused.
No, I think we all agree that OP sounds like he acts pretty crazy when he drinks and needs to tone it down. My first few posts ITT were directed at that. I mean, we've all gotten drunk and done dumb stuff, but obviously breaking expensive medical equipment and going to the hospital twice is not normal. We're in agreement there.

But at the same time, r6 and a few others have gone way overboard in their characterization of this situation, and some of the things r6 has said have been downright zany.
yea, I guess I'm not normal....my bad....
and btw the breaking of the medical equipment was accidental. They put the pulse oximeter in my finger, and I pulled my hand away trying to refuse treatment and it broke....
PS I'm a girl, just throwing that out there because getting called a "he" is getting kind of annoying.

romothesavior

Diamond

Post by romothesavior » Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:50 pm

adedabirdy wrote:PS I'm a girl, just throwing that out there because getting called a "he" is getting kind of annoying.
Oh, sorry.

bk1

Diamond

Post by bk1 » Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:51 pm

adedabirdy wrote: PS I'm a girl, just throwing that out there because getting called a "he" is getting kind of annoying.
Probably throwing it out there because you are an attention whore.

paratactical

Platinum

Post by paratactical » Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:52 pm

adedabirdy wrote: PS I'm a girl, just throwing that out there because getting called a "he" is getting kind of annoying.
Are you hot?

minuit

Silver

Post by minuit » Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:54 pm

r6_philly wrote: Besides, what makes you (or me, or anyone) capable enough to judge what rule is pointless? To be able to claim something is pointless requires an overinflated ego like someone else suggests. A rule may be pointless to you, but could be essential for others.
Listen, I'm not talking about serious crimes here, people breaking in and stealing shit in others' homes because they don't like the "rule"... that's illegal everywhere.

I look beyond what America says is right/wrong. I look to other industrialized democracies, and examine the differences in their laws compared to ours. Speed limits on the highways, drugs and alcohol, social issues like civil unions, etc... The speed limit on highways in France is 90, and they are doing just fine. It's those type of stupid arbitrary distinctions I'm referring to.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

adedabirdy

New

Post by adedabirdy » Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:54 pm

bk187 wrote:
Probably throwing it out there because you are an attention whore.
Didn't realize that would raise attention :?: ....maybe it's because everyone keeps calling me he, an it's getting annoying. But ok....

Diamond

Post by 09042014 » Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:55 pm

r6_philly wrote:
Desert Fox wrote: You need to move beyond black and white thinking if you don't want to get exam pwnd in law school.
There is a time and place for everything, this is one where I choose to use this kind of thinking.
Applying it so behavior that is common on every undergrad campus is a mistake.

hefox

New

Post by hefox » Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:55 pm

hey minuit, it that the tree of life in new orleans?

rundoxierun

Gold

Post by rundoxierun » Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:56 pm

How about this idea??

If we find a poster who has similar, or worse, history of alcohol violations/suspension at age 17-19, didnt pursue AA/rehab and stayed out of trouble, and is currently accepted to at least one of T14 and in contention for at least one of HYS we all stop throwing our personal opinions around and agree that these incidents will not doom the girl for law admission purposes if she just stays off the radar for the rest of undergrad.

Deal??

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

bk1

Diamond

Post by bk1 » Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:56 pm

tkgrrett wrote:How about this idea??

If we find a poster who has similar, or worse, history of alcohol violations/suspension at age 17-19, didnt pursue AA/rehab and stayed out of trouble, and is currently accepted to at least one of T14 and in contention for at least one of HYS we all stop throwing our personal opinions around and agree that these incidents will not doom the girl for law admission purposes if she just stays off the radar for the rest of undergrad.

Deal??

Diamond

Post by 09042014 » Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:58 pm

Deal??
IMO AA/Rehab might just imply the problem is worse than it might be.

minuit

Silver

Post by minuit » Mon Oct 25, 2010 2:00 pm

hefox wrote:hey minuit, it that the tree of life in new orleans?
Hey, no it's not. Basically I googled "live oak" and picked an image I liked haha.

Here's some info on it...

"Angel Oak is a Southern live oak tree located in Angel Oak Park, in Charleston, South Carolina, on Johns Island, one of South Carolina's Sea Islands. It is estimated to be over 1500 years old, standing 65 feet tall, 9 feet in diameter, and the crown covers an area of 17,000 square feet. Its longest limb is 89 feet in length."

:D

hefox

New

Post by hefox » Mon Oct 25, 2010 2:03 pm

damn. it looks like this tree in audubon park, by the zoo. im from nola, sorry, i get over excited if i think i have found another nolaer cruising the tsl forums

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

r6_philly

Diamond

Post by r6_philly » Mon Oct 25, 2010 2:04 pm

minuit wrote:
r6_philly wrote: Besides, what makes you (or me, or anyone) capable enough to judge what rule is pointless? To be able to claim something is pointless requires an overinflated ego like someone else suggests. A rule may be pointless to you, but could be essential for others.
Listen, I'm not talking about serious crimes here, people breaking in and stealing shit in others' homes because they don't like the "rule"... that's illegal everywhere.

I look beyond what America says is right/wrong. I look to other industrialized democracies, and examine the differences in their laws compared to ours. Speed limits on the highways, drugs and alcohol, social issues like civil unions, etc... The speed limit on highways in France is 90, and they are doing just fine. It's those type of stupid arbitrary distinctions I'm referring to.
I will disagree with you on the speed limit, it is not arbitrary (I don't mean highway speed limit, that is a little different). It is partially determined based on the average vehicle traveling on the road and the amount of distance it is required to stop. So controlling speed controls controls the risk posed by the traffic. Road conditions, designs, average vehicle size/weight, amount/density of traffic etc all plays a role. I can see why in Europe that speed limits can be higher. In contrast, the population density dictates that speed limits in Asian is generally lower.

So when you go to China and say," I am driving the same car as back home, but why is the speed limit on this highway only 35 instead of 50 like back home because we do fine there", a goat will pop out of nowhere and greet your bumper :lol: sorry, but you get my point.

I mean why have parking rules? Why fine people who park illegally? Half the story is to promote commerce and increase traffic flow... Is isn't serious, but everyone should follow.

I will leave you with this. In China, there are no lines. When you go to get on a bus, trying to buy tickets at a window etc. everyone just run towards it and try to squeeze in at the same time. OMG if you ever had to drive there... I really like some of the simple "pointless" rules here, it makes our society civilized and pleasant to live in.

r6_philly

Diamond

Post by r6_philly » Mon Oct 25, 2010 2:07 pm

Desert Fox wrote:
r6_philly wrote:
Desert Fox wrote: You need to move beyond black and white thinking if you don't want to get exam pwnd in law school.
There is a time and place for everything, this is one where I choose to use this kind of thinking.
Applying it so behavior that is common on every undergrad campus is a mistake.
For a law exam maybe, but I am not bound by that in this context. No right and wrong or grades, just choices. But thanks for pointing that out.

Diamond

Post by 09042014 » Mon Oct 25, 2010 2:07 pm

r6_philly wrote:
minuit wrote:

I will disagree with you on the speed limit, it is not arbitrary (I don't mean highway speed limit, that is a little different). It is partially determined based on the average vehicle traveling on the road and the amount of distance it is required to stop. So controlling speed controls controls the risk posed by the traffic. Road conditions, designs, average vehicle size/weight, amount/density of traffic etc all plays a role. I can see why in Europe that speed limits can be higher. In contrast, the population density dictates that speed limits in Asian is generally lower.

So when you go to China and say," I am driving the same car as back home, but why is the speed limit on this highway only 35 instead of 50 like back home because we do fine there", a goat will pop out of nowhere and greet your bumper :lol: sorry, but you get my point.

I mean why have parking rules? Why fine people who park illegally? Half the story is to promote commerce and increase traffic flow... Is isn't serious, but everyone should follow.

I will leave you with this. In China, there are no lines. When you go to get on a bus, trying to buy tickets at a window etc. everyone just run towards it and try to squeeze in at the same time. OMG if you ever had to drive there... I really like some of the simple "pointless" rules here, it makes our society civilized and pleasant to live in.
But the United States road conditions are some of the best in the world. Speed limits are arbitrarily set by politicians not by traffic engineers. In many places they are set just to catch speeders so their police departments can have a larger budget.

minuit

Silver

Post by minuit » Mon Oct 25, 2010 2:09 pm

hefox wrote:damn. it looks like this tree in audubon park, by the zoo. im from nola, sorry, i get over excited if i think i have found another nolaer cruising the tsl forums
Unfortunately, I am from a place much more boring than NOLA!

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

r6_philly

Diamond

Post by r6_philly » Mon Oct 25, 2010 2:14 pm

Desert Fox wrote: But the United States road conditions are some of the best in the world. Speed limits are arbitrarily set by politicians not by traffic engineers. In many places they are set just to catch speeders so their police departments can have a larger budget.
But American cars are way heavier and requires longer distance to stop compared to Europe. Especially when the original speed limits were imposed. The importance of stopping distance is paramount to safety.

Our speeds can only be set by PennDot, not by localities. (at least that's what I was told)

Diamond

Post by 09042014 » Mon Oct 25, 2010 2:18 pm

r6_philly wrote:
Desert Fox wrote: But the United States road conditions are some of the best in the world. Speed limits are arbitrarily set by politicians not by traffic engineers. In many places they are set just to catch speeders so their police departments can have a larger budget.
But American cars are way heavier and requires longer distance to stop compared to Europe. Especially when the original speed limits were imposed. The importance of stopping distance is paramount to safety.

Our speeds can only be set by PennDot, not by localities. (at least that's what I was told)
The interstate highways were designed to handle much faster traffic than 65 miles per hour.

r6_philly

Diamond

Post by r6_philly » Mon Oct 25, 2010 2:24 pm

Desert Fox wrote: The interstate highways were designed to handle much faster traffic than 65 miles per hour.
I agree, that's why I said originally not the interstate. (I think I put that in the post) I was talking more about local roads.

On highways we have too many tractor trailers and many of them lack proper inspection, I'd be very afraid to raise the speed limit for all traffic.

Diamond

Post by 09042014 » Mon Oct 25, 2010 2:42 pm

r6_philly wrote:
Desert Fox wrote: The interstate highways were designed to handle much faster traffic than 65 miles per hour.
I agree, that's why I said originally not the interstate. (I think I put that in the post) I was talking more about local roads.

On highways we have too many tractor trailers and many of them lack proper inspection, I'd be very afraid to raise the speed limit for all traffic.
There are areas where the flow of traffic is more 75 mph. It's how fast everyone goes. In those places the limit needs to be 80. We've made a joke of the speed limit. The real danger is the delta between cars in the road.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

beachbum

Gold

Post by beachbum » Mon Oct 25, 2010 5:14 pm

Deal??
GTFO of here with your reasonable, logical conclusion to a thread that has deteriorated into some inane dispute over traffic laws. ...Now back to the bickering!

MichaelB123

New

Post by MichaelB123 » Tue Oct 26, 2010 8:58 am

Bump.

paratactical

Platinum

Post by paratactical » Tue Oct 26, 2010 9:46 am

beachbum wrote:

Deal??
GTFO of here with your reasonable, logical conclusion to a thread that has deteriorated into some inane dispute over traffic laws. ...Now back to the bickering!
You think you're pretty smart, don't you, beachbum? What with your dago mustache and your greasy hair!

MichaelB123

New

Post by MichaelB123 » Wed Oct 27, 2010 11:40 am

Bump.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “What are my chances?”