what are my chances in CA schools with 2.4-6/170+ Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
jayysuu

New

what are my chances in CA schools with 2.4-6/170+

Post by jayysuu » Sat Oct 23, 2010 12:30 am

i didn't do well in my early years in college because all i wanted was my degree and didn't think of any graduate programs but my last two semesters have shown great progess and i really want a future in law. i have recently decided that i don't have a chance in any CA schools unless my LSAT is high, thinking 170+. are there any chances of any bay area schoools accepting me? thanks!!

Gadget123

New

Re: what are my chances in CA schools with 2.4-6/170+

Post by Gadget123 » Sat Oct 23, 2010 12:53 am

Have you finished school yet? If you continue to show a strong upward trend you'll have a decent shot at Santa Clara and USF. Of course, that's if you get a 170+. Sounds like you're still in school and haven't taken it yet. If you have a full year of school left, or would consider adding another semester on to improve your GPA, you would have a decent shot at UC Hastings-- that is if you could get your GPA up closer to the 3 mark, say 2.8 or 2.9

jayysuu

New

Post by jayysuu » Sat Oct 23, 2010 1:06 am

no, this would be my lsat year and i've calculated my GPA, if i do well this smester and next, highest would be 2.73 but im not counting on all A's. i'm being realistic on grades i would receive. they will definitely be in the 3.5+ range though. it's just too bad i didnt' try hard enough before i realized i wanted to go grad school. i'm hoping my LSAT scores will be enough to pull me through..

beachbum

Gold

Post by beachbum » Sat Oct 23, 2010 1:21 am

Yikes. Unfortunately, California schools tend to favor higher GPAs- and the ones that don't generally aren't worth attending. Do you have strong ties to the region? If yes, you might consider a more splitter-friendly school (typically in the midwest) with hopes of getting back to CA in the future. If no, time to reconsider where you want to work.

If you do hit that 170+, you might also consider getting a year or two of work experience and shooting for Northwestern ED. But again, this is generally assuming you have ties to CA.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “What are my chances?”