3.6/170

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
kwais

3.6/170

Postby kwais » Sat Oct 16, 2010 9:52 pm

Hey there everyone,

I am 26, I have a 3.6 LSDAS with a 3.95 over the last 2 years. LSAT 170. I was awarded for excellence in the study of Arabic language. I am the assistant director of an organization that runs week long workshops for schools, families and groups of teens, working on issues of personal development and community-building. I have done this job for 5 years. We now have year-round relationships with several schools (public and private) for whom we design leadership curriculum.
I have great letters of rec from respected professors. I supported myself as a musician for two years out of school. I guess that's all that's relevant.

Chances at Duke, Penn, Cornell, NYU?

Thanks

4for44

Re: 3.6/170

Postby 4for44 » Sat Oct 16, 2010 9:56 pm

kwais wrote:Hey there everyone,

I am 26, I have a 3.6 LSDAS with a 3.95 over the last 2 years. LSAT 170. I was awarded for excellence in the study of Arabic language. I am the assistant director of an organization that runs week long workshops for schools, families and groups of teens, working on issues of personal development and community-building. I have done this job for 5 years. We now have year-round relationships with several schools (public and private) for whom we design leadership curriculum.
I have great letters of rec from respected professors. I supported myself as a musician for two years out of school. I guess that's all that's relevant.

Thanks

http://www.lawschoolpredictor.com/

enjoy...

CanadianWolf

Postby CanadianWolf » Sat Oct 16, 2010 9:56 pm

All that matters is the 3.6 GPA, the 170 LSAT score & whether or not you apply ED.

kwais

Postby kwais » Sat Oct 16, 2010 9:58 pm

CanadianWolf wrote:All that matters is the 3.6 GPA, the 170 LSAT score & whether or not you apply ED.

can you expand on ED, because I don't plan on it

thechee

Postby thechee » Sat Oct 16, 2010 9:59 pm

Same stats here; got Penn, Mich, Cornell, Duke, and Berkeley.

Write a solid set of essays, and you should be set.

kwais

Postby kwais » Sat Oct 16, 2010 10:01 pm

4for44 wrote:

Thanks

http://www.lawschoolpredictor.com/

enjoy...

thanks, I've used this site. I was hoping for some more qualitative analysis. maybe an anecdote, a friend with similar profile. I know people on this site hate anything but a straight numbers talk, but it never hurts to ask

kwais

Postby kwais » Sat Oct 16, 2010 10:02 pm

thechee wrote:Same stats here; got Penn, Mich, Cornell, Duke, and Berkeley.

Write a solid set of essays, and you should be set.

thanks. ED anywhere?

bdubs

Postby bdubs » Sat Oct 16, 2010 10:04 pm

Thanks

I have some similarities to you as a splitter. Here is what I have found:

Cornell - I think you have a good shot at Cornell
Duke - is tough on people with low GPAs, chances here aren't so great. This is exacerbated by the fact that Duke is small
Penn - you are at median LSAT and just above the 25% mark for GPA, so chances aren't great but not impossible. Penn is also small.
NYU - if you really want NYU you should apply ED because your numbers are pretty low relative to their medians.

That is an interesting set of schools, particularly NYU as it is so different than the other three.

Ok, looking at LSN I take back the Duke comment. Apparently the .1 difference between our GPAs matters at Duke, your shot there isn't so bad.

kwais

Postby kwais » Sat Oct 16, 2010 10:11 pm

bdubs wrote:

Thanks

I have some similarities to you as a splitter. Here is what I have found:

Cornell - I think you have a good shot at Cornell
Duke - is tough on people with low GPAs, chances here aren't so great. This is exacerbated by the fact that Duke is small
Penn - you are at median LSAT and just above the 25% mark for GPA, so chances aren't great but not impossible. Penn is also small.
NYU - if you really want NYU you should apply ED because your numbers are pretty low relative to their medians.

That is an interesting set of schools, particularly NYU as it is so different than the other three.

Ok, looking at LSN I take back the Duke comment. Apparently the .1 difference between our GPAs matters at Duke, your shot there isn't so bad.

thank you. And yes the school list is weird. My real list is essentially the bottom half of t14. I thought I would throw this out there with a few specific schools.

im_blue

Postby im_blue » Sun Oct 17, 2010 12:31 am

Duke - in
Penn - 50/50 (likes prestigious UGs)
Cornell - in
NYU - out

kwais

Postby kwais » Sun Oct 17, 2010 12:51 pm

im_blue wrote:Duke - in
Penn - 50/50 (likes prestigious UGs)
Cornell - in
NYU - out

Thanks. I think I can deal with that

ktown

Postby ktown » Sat Oct 23, 2010 12:05 pm

Write a compelling PS and consider U Chicago, unless you're trying to stay in the East.

trudat15

Postby trudat15 » Sat Oct 23, 2010 11:51 pm

ktown wrote:Write a compelling PS and consider U Chicago, unless you're trying to stay in the East.

I would think he has a better shot at NYU than Chicago, though a slim shot at both

Return to “What are my chances?”