3.5/172 Berkeley Chances

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
topgun_iceman

3.5/172 Berkeley Chances

Postby topgun_iceman » Sat Oct 16, 2010 2:04 am

3.5 from HYP undergrad 172 single take. Varsity athlete, California resident, and other decent softs. I know that Berkeley emphasizes GPA and was wondering what my chances are.

St.Remy

Re: 3.5/172 Berkeley Chances

Postby St.Remy » Sat Oct 16, 2010 2:18 am

topgun_iceman wrote:3.5 from HYP undergrad 172 single take. Varsity athlete, California resident, and other decent softs. I know that Berkeley emphasizes GPA and was wondering what my chances are.

Your chances according to LSN are not good. With Berkeley emphasizing GPA so much a 3.5 is out of the running except with the help of some major soft factors or other non-standard application parts. Being a resident and having decent sounding softs I wouldn't rule out your chances completely, but I would definitely not bank on a Berkeley acceptance. On the other hand if you are sure that you are an interesting applicant then Berkeley may give you a shot, since they are the only T14 outside of Y and S that seems to care about the person independent of the #s.

im_blue

Re: 3.5/172 Berkeley Chances

Postby im_blue » Sat Oct 16, 2010 5:22 am

Not so good. With those numbers and HYP UG, I would suggest applying ED to either Chicago or NYU.

Return to “What are my chances?”