First Post, looking for honest advice

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
dmyron

First Post, looking for honest advice

Postby dmyron » Wed Oct 13, 2010 7:59 pm

I am an undergrad at Rutgers. My current GPA is 3.78 (and climbing, i hope to get it to the 3.85 range upon application time in early Jan.)

I am taking the LSAT's December 11th

However here is where i am worried:

Two years ago when i was 19, I was in the car with two individuals who had marijuana in the car. we were all arrested and one was found guilty of possession, my charge was knocked down to a town ordinance

About six months later i was arrested again with a friend for possession of marijuana and the charges were again dropped down to a town ordinance.

And about a couple of months ago i recieved an open alcohol container ticket.

Please no lectures or anything of the sort, i have learned from my mistakes and feel that my actions have honestly made me a better person today.

Will this seriously effect my chances of getting into a decent law school, in particular either of the rutgers schools of Law, or Seaton Hall Law.

Thank you i appreciate your time, and please no judgement or lectures.

MrKappus

Re: First Post, looking for honest advice

Postby MrKappus » Wed Oct 13, 2010 8:01 pm

The affect will not be significant, provided you disclose and don't have further problems as your apps are pending.

danidancer

Postby danidancer » Wed Oct 13, 2010 8:12 pm

MrKappus wrote:The affect will not be significant, provided you disclose and don't have further problems as your apps are pending.

This. But I wanted to add 2 things.

1) Rutgers and Seton Hall would both be terrible wastes of that GPA. Get above a 165 and you will have a shot at the T14, or at the very least significant money at Fordham. And a 170 would pretty much guarantee the T14.

2) Get different friends. :wink:

Hattori Hanzo

Postby Hattori Hanzo » Wed Oct 13, 2010 8:16 pm

3 strikes sounds bad. You should put some distance between yourself and those events. I'd say 2-3 years would be a good place to start.
Meanwhile try not to get caught again.

Return to “What are my chances?”