3.3/157 two cancellations

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
jl78

3.3/157 two cancellations

Postby jl78 » Wed Oct 13, 2010 7:42 pm

I know my numbers are pretty abysmal. During my last year in undergrad I was going through some pretty bad mental and physical abuse which also affected my studying for the lsat. The first attempt (OCT09) I ended up cancelling, my second I got a 157 (DEC09) and I just took the lsat again OCT 2010.. I felt good about this one but I realized with less than 1 minute left of section 5 that I had misbubbled. So at this point I'm stuck with the 157. I was a double major at UCSD in Psych and Soc and ended up graduating with departmental honors in Soc.. I want to stay in California and I know my choices are pretty limited but I was interested in the following:

Chapman
Cal Western
Southwestern
Santa Clara (PT)
Loyola (PT)
USD (PT)

What do you guys think are my chances?

I really want to go to USD but I know I don't have much of a shot at the full time program but I think I may be able to get into in the PT program. I'm not sure if I should apply FT and say I'm willing to go PT if I don't get admitted or if I should just apply PT to be safe...

any feedback would be great!

Mrs. P

Re: 3.3/157 two cancellations

Postby Mrs. P » Thu Oct 14, 2010 11:46 am

I applied last year with a 3.1 and a 153 on my LSAT.

I got W/L and dropped by Chapman and Southwestern
Easily in at Cal Western
Loyola held on to me for about 4 months and then said no
No at Santa Clara and USD.

Terrible, I know. That's why I'm doing this over :) Anywho, that's what happened to me, hope that helps!

BarbellDreams

Postby BarbellDreams » Thu Oct 14, 2010 12:36 pm

Yes to everthing except USD, Loyola and Santa Clara. Weak consider at Santa Clara, deny at the other two.

jarofsoup

Postby jarofsoup » Thu Oct 14, 2010 12:42 pm

jl78 wrote:I know my numbers are pretty abysmal. During my last year in undergrad I was going through some pretty bad mental and physical abuse which also affected my studying for the lsat. The first attempt (OCT09) I ended up cancelling, my second I got a 157 (DEC09) and I just took the lsat again OCT 2010.. I felt good about this one but I realized with less than 1 minute left of section 5 that I had misbubbled. So at this point I'm stuck with the 157. I was a double major at UCSD in Psych and Soc and ended up graduating with departmental honors in Soc.. I want to stay in California and I know my choices are pretty limited but I was interested in the following:

Chapman
Cal Western
Southwestern
Santa Clara (PT)
Loyola (PT)
USD (PT)

What do you guys think are my chances?

I really want to go to USD but I know I don't have much of a shot at the full time program but I think I may be able to get into in the PT program. I'm not sure if I should apply FT and say I'm willing to go PT if I don't get admitted or if I should just apply PT to be safe...

any feedback would be great!

Santa Clara you could get in, but you are in the fuzzy zone. USF would also be a good place to shoot. I knew people that I went to college that got into Santa Clara with similar numbers. You are in there 25th and 75th and even if you got a 159 on this next test it would help alot. Just do not half ass the personal statement.

You may not get into all these schools, but you may be able to get into one of them. APPLY EARLY!!
Last edited by jarofsoup on Thu Oct 14, 2010 12:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jl78

Postby jl78 » Thu Oct 14, 2010 12:44 pm

so no one think I have a shot even at the part time programs at USD or Loyola?

jarofsoup

Postby jarofsoup » Thu Oct 14, 2010 12:58 pm

jl78 wrote:so no one think I have a shot even at the part time programs at USD or Loyola?

I do not know predictors say you do. Loyola jumped up in the rankings last year so who knows may be competative. They are worth apps.

Return to “What are my chances?”