3.1/173 - UVa ED? Suggestions? Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!

Gold

Re: 3.1/173 - UVa ED? Suggestions?

Post by 005618502 » Tue Oct 12, 2010 2:02 pm

haha I got into UVA ED on september 9th so u r very wrong. Anyways do u know what a median is? It is not a mean and UVA seems to admit people ED as long as one number is over median and def if one is over the 75th percentile like your LSAT is.

ArchRoark

Silver

Post by ArchRoark » Tue Oct 12, 2010 2:11 pm

Don't mean to hijack this thread but there seems to be plethora of people knowledgeable about UVA admission trends.

2.76/177/URM (Mexican-American) - Any thoughts on my chances at RD admissions? Would it significantly affect my chances if I waited till around November to ED?

I have already submitted about 15-20 apps so I am hesitant to ED (lot of money to have waste). UVA is my top choice in the T-14 but would consider attending UT over it due to in-state tuition, the fact that my family lives in Austin, and I would have an extremely low cost of living (rent in a 4 bedroom house would be about 100-200$ a month). I was hoping to get a decision from UT by early November and then deciding at that point whether or not I should ED. However, not sure if I need to "beat" the influx of applications that UVA will receive after the October LSAT results are released.

bk1

Diamond

Post by bk1 » Tue Oct 12, 2010 2:48 pm

RD at UVa is a black box filled with a million waitlists.

Gold

Post by 005618502 » Tue Oct 12, 2010 3:13 pm

Tiva wrote:Don't mean to hijack this thread but there seems to be plethora of people knowledgeable about UVA admission trends.

2.76/177/URM (Mexican-American) - Any thoughts on my chances at RD admissions? Would it significantly affect my chances if I waited till around November to ED?

I have already submitted about 15-20 apps so I am hesitant to ED (lot of money to have waste). UVA is my top choice in the T-14 but would consider attending UT over it due to in-state tuition, the fact that my family lives in Austin, and I would have an extremely low cost of living (rent in a 4 bedroom house would be about 100-200$ a month). I was hoping to get a decision from UT by early November and then deciding at that point whether or not I should ED. However, not sure if I need to "beat" the influx of applications that UVA will receive after the October LSAT results are released.
Hmm i would say you wont get into UVA RD with that GPA, that said you may get UT but You wont get much money at all. The problem is people (undergrads) at UT love the school and would go there over better schools just because its UT. I think your best bet would be ED somewhere. If you wait till say December to ED, i would say your chances are not even close to as good. Right now your IN at UVA ED.

Then again i could be totally wrong and UT could offer you money. Its often a question of higher rank V. money at a lesser school. You might just have to make that decision.

*I go to UT

Gold

Post by 005618502 » Tue Oct 12, 2010 3:19 pm

Actually dont apply to UVA because if you were in one of my classes and asked questions like this i might kill myself. Why are you asking the same thing a million times? what is wrong with u! wow apply to UVA ED otherwise you probably wont get into a T14 except maybe Cornell. No u dont need to rush there and "talk to the dean" or hand turn it in. They dont care what you look like, just mail it in like everyone else
If you were in one of my classes, I know I'd wouldn't be at UVa, let alone a ranked school.

Anyway, I got the idea from someone on LSN who had very, very similar #s and creds. He visited the city, turned in his app, did some stuff around town (it's too bad Buddhist shut down) and was called back into the dean's office later in the day to get admitted.
Oh and this made me LOL big time, talking like your better then me with that Horrendous GPA you have. Way to go

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

StateSchoolSplitter

Bronze

Post by StateSchoolSplitter » Tue Oct 12, 2010 6:36 pm

jt1341 wrote:
Actually dont apply to UVA because if you were in one of my classes and asked questions like this i might kill myself. Why are you asking the same thing a million times? what is wrong with u! wow apply to UVA ED otherwise you probably wont get into a T14 except maybe Cornell. No u dont need to rush there and "talk to the dean" or hand turn it in. They dont care what you look like, just mail it in like everyone else
If you were in one of my classes, I know I'd wouldn't be at UVa, let alone a ranked school.

Anyway, I got the idea from someone on LSN who had very, very similar #s and creds. He visited the city, turned in his app, did some stuff around town (it's too bad Buddhist shut down) and was called back into the dean's office later in the day to get admitted.
Oh and this made me LOL big time, talking like your better *then me* with that Horrendous GPA you have. Way to go
Flame?

bk1

Diamond

Post by bk1 » Tue Oct 12, 2010 6:46 pm

StateSchoolSplitter wrote:Flame?
No just someone being a dick, though both are equally common on TLS.

ArchRoark

Silver

Post by ArchRoark » Tue Oct 12, 2010 6:55 pm

bk187 wrote:
StateSchoolSplitter wrote:Flame?
No just someone being a dick, though both are equally common on TLS.
I think he is referring to then, which should be than.

bk1

Diamond

Post by bk1 » Tue Oct 12, 2010 6:58 pm

Tiva wrote:I think he is referring to then, which should be than.
I guess. It's an internet message board and there a ton of other ridiculous mistakes in that person's writing anyways.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

ArchRoark

Silver

Post by ArchRoark » Tue Oct 12, 2010 7:33 pm

bk187 wrote:
I guess. It's an internet message board and there a ton of other ridiculous mistakes in that person's writing anyways.
I wholeheartedly agree. Grammar Nazis probably cringe when they read my posts.

Gold

Post by 005618502 » Tue Oct 12, 2010 8:02 pm

Tiva wrote:
bk187 wrote:
I wholeheartedly agree. Grammar Nazis probably cringe when they read my posts.
Haha whoops, definitely not a flame, but yes should have been "than"

I should pay more attention while typing, people are crazy about gramatical errors on here, as they should be.

But not such a dick comment as saying that i will not be at UVA or even a ranked school? Really, it was just weird coming from someone with a low GPA, to someone already in at UVA.... not cool man.

But my comment was rude as well, sorry.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Return to “What are my chances?”