t-14??

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
brettfavre4
Posts: 24
Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2010 12:27 pm

t-14??

Postby brettfavre4 » Mon Oct 11, 2010 7:54 pm

I have a 3.7 and just recently took the LSAT. What type of score do I need to be considered at ANY of these schools???

User avatar
Ragged
Posts: 1509
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2009 12:39 pm

Re: t-14??

Postby Ragged » Mon Oct 11, 2010 7:55 pm

170+ is a good score to aim for for you.

bostonboy870
Posts: 16
Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2010 5:20 pm

Re: t-14??

Postby bostonboy870 » Mon Oct 11, 2010 7:55 pm

~167

User avatar
IAFG
Posts: 6665
Joined: Mon Jun 15, 2009 1:26 pm

Re: t-14??

Postby IAFG » Mon Oct 11, 2010 7:57 pm

bostonboy870 wrote:~167

:?: submedian GPA is going to need to do better than that

bostonboy870
Posts: 16
Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2010 5:20 pm

Re: t-14??

Postby bostonboy870 » Mon Oct 11, 2010 8:02 pm

IAFG wrote:
bostonboy870 wrote:~167

:?: submedian GPA is going to need to do better than that


At Cornell, 3.7 is over median and 167 is median iirc. OP asked what score he would need to be considered at "any" of the schools.

User avatar
IAFG
Posts: 6665
Joined: Mon Jun 15, 2009 1:26 pm

Re: t-14??

Postby IAFG » Mon Oct 11, 2010 8:04 pm

bostonboy870 wrote:
IAFG wrote:
bostonboy870 wrote:~167

:?: submedian GPA is going to need to do better than that


At Cornell, 3.7 is over median and 167 is median iirc. OP asked what score he would need to be considered at "any" of the schools.

looked it up; 3.7/168. i was mistaken.

User avatar
Bildungsroman
Posts: 5548
Joined: Sun Apr 11, 2010 2:42 pm

Re: t-14??

Postby Bildungsroman » Mon Oct 11, 2010 8:04 pm

bostonboy870 wrote:At Cornell, 3.7 is over median and 167 is median iirc.


You do not rc. Cornell's median LSAT went up to 168, and Berkeley's new LSAT median is still paired with a much, much higher GPA.

bostonboy870
Posts: 16
Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2010 5:20 pm

Re: t-14??

Postby bostonboy870 » Mon Oct 11, 2010 8:07 pm

Bildungsroman wrote:
bostonboy870 wrote:At Cornell, 3.7 is over median and 167 is median iirc.


You do not rc. Cornell's median LSAT went up to 168, and Berkeley's new LSAT median is still paired with a much, much higher GPA.


brettfavre4 wrote:What type of score do I need to be considered at ANY of these schools???


A 3.7 and ~167 would be "considered" at Cornell. I was off by one point on the Cornell median but that doesn't disprove my point.

User avatar
St.Remy
Posts: 526
Joined: Sun Aug 29, 2010 10:12 pm

Re: t-14??

Postby St.Remy » Mon Oct 11, 2010 8:12 pm

bostonboy870 wrote:A 3.7 and ~167 would be "considered" at Cornell. I was off by one point on the Cornell median but that doesn't disprove my point.


The only way to disprove it is to apply with exactly those numbers to the T14. So no, Bildungsroman's comments don't disprove what you said, but they definitely do call it into question. I would be much more nervous with my chances at cracking the T14 with a 3.7 and a 167 than I would be with a 3.7 and a 168 this coming cycle.

bostonboy870
Posts: 16
Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2010 5:20 pm

Re: t-14??

Postby bostonboy870 » Mon Oct 11, 2010 8:14 pm

St.Remy wrote:
bostonboy870 wrote:A 3.7 and ~167 would be "considered" at Cornell. I was off by one point on the Cornell median but that doesn't disprove my point.


The only way to disprove it is to apply with exactly those numbers to the T14. So no, Bildungsroman's comments don't disprove what you said, but they definitely do call it into question. I would be much more nervous with my chances at cracking the T14 with a 3.7 and a 167 than I would be with a 3.7 and a 168 this coming cycle.

Well obviously you would be more nervous getting admitted with a lower LSAT score rather than a higher LSAT score. I was just giving a minimum LSAT for the OP to get "considered" at "any" of the t14.

User avatar
St.Remy
Posts: 526
Joined: Sun Aug 29, 2010 10:12 pm

Re: t-14??

Postby St.Remy » Mon Oct 11, 2010 8:19 pm

bostonboy870 wrote:Well obviously you would be more nervous getting admitted with a lower LSAT score rather than a higher LSAT score. I was just giving a minimum LSAT for the OP to get "considered" at "any" of the t14.


But the implication of course wasn't just being considered, but being seriously considered. That is where the wall sets in between 167 and 168. A person with a 3.7 and 168 could be average in all other respects and still be a serious contender for being admitted to Cornell. A 3.7 167 would have to have something else going on in order to have a decent chance.

If you want to identify the absolute minimum LSAT that a T14 would consider, well I'm sure that with an interesting enough story + great work experience + URM status a 15x would have a shot at Boalt.

User avatar
vanwinkle
Posts: 9740
Joined: Sun Dec 21, 2008 3:02 am

Re: t-14??

Postby vanwinkle » Mon Oct 11, 2010 8:20 pm

If you're below both medians for all T14 schools you're not going to be seriously considered at any of them, barring URM status and/or truly epic softs.

bostonboy870
Posts: 16
Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2010 5:20 pm

Re: t-14??

Postby bostonboy870 » Mon Oct 11, 2010 8:27 pm

St.Remy wrote:
bostonboy870 wrote:Well obviously you would be more nervous getting admitted with a lower LSAT score rather than a higher LSAT score. I was just giving a minimum LSAT for the OP to get "considered" at "any" of the t14.


But the implication of course wasn't just being considered, but being seriously considered.

Says you.

User avatar
IAFG
Posts: 6665
Joined: Mon Jun 15, 2009 1:26 pm

Re: t-14??

Postby IAFG » Mon Oct 11, 2010 8:28 pm

bostonboy870 wrote:
St.Remy wrote:
bostonboy870 wrote:Well obviously you would be more nervous getting admitted with a lower LSAT score rather than a higher LSAT score. I was just giving a minimum LSAT for the OP to get "considered" at "any" of the t14.


But the implication of course wasn't just being considered, but being seriously considered.

Saysyou reality.

User avatar
im_blue
Posts: 3276
Joined: Sun Apr 12, 2009 3:53 am

Re: t-14??

Postby im_blue » Mon Oct 11, 2010 9:00 pm

168 - Cornell
169 - Michigan
170 - rest of lower T14

Basically you have a shot if you hit a T14's median LSAT (except for Berkeley which really loves high GPAs).

tazmolover
Posts: 306
Joined: Thu Oct 07, 2010 8:37 pm

Re: t-14??

Postby tazmolover » Tue Oct 12, 2010 1:40 am

bostonboy870 wrote:
IAFG wrote:
bostonboy870 wrote:~167

:?: submedian GPA is going to need to do better than that


At Cornell, 3.7 is over median and 167 is median iirc. OP asked what score he would need to be considered at "any" of the schools.


At Cornell 3.7 is exactly at median and 167 is 1 point below median. Look at updated medians.




Return to “What are my chances?”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Ithinkican, studyingeveryday and 1 guest