Boston native seeking to return from NYU Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
crgrs359

New

Boston native seeking to return from NYU

Post by crgrs359 » Fri Oct 08, 2010 4:05 pm

Hi everyone,
I'm graduating from NYU in the spring with a GPA of what will most likely be around 3.4. I'm looking to attend law school in Boston and was just curious what you all thought my chances might be at the following schools given that on the eve of the LSAT administration, I'm scoring between 157-160 on my PTs.

BC Law(reach)
Bu Law (reach)
Northeastern Law (reach)
Suffolk Law (???)
New England Law (Any potential for a scholarship??)

Also, do law schools place any emphasis on the undergraduate program you come from? Ie would a law school consider my stats equally if I were from Harvard, NYU, or UMASS?

Thank you so much, I really appreciate any prospective help.

bk1

Diamond

Re: Boston native seeking to return from NYU

Post by bk1 » Fri Oct 08, 2010 4:06 pm

UG prestige matters very little and it certainly isn't going to help them get over your 3.4. The only way to overcome that is to kill the LSAT.

crgrs359

New

Post by crgrs359 » Fri Oct 08, 2010 4:20 pm

Right, I know that a 3.4 is not impressive, I guess I was asking more in terms of Suffolk and NESL, as a 3.4 is north of both of their respective average stats.

bk1

Diamond

Post by bk1 » Fri Oct 08, 2010 4:23 pm

crgrs359 wrote:Right, I know that a 3.4 is not impressive, I guess I was asking more in terms of Suffolk and NESL, as a 3.4 is north of both of their respective average stats.
I would recommend seeing if you can hit the mid/upper 160's as this would give you a shot at BU/BC. If that is at all possible you should stay far away from Suffolk/NESL, imo.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “What are my chances?”