Page 1 of 1

UVA ED

Posted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 9:02 pm
by broker02
From what I've seen on LSN (biased sample, I know), UVA seems to have its fill so far of ED reverse splitters. Does this give me (above median GPA) any better of a shot as a traditional splitter?

Re: UVA ED

Posted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 9:10 pm
by pjo
broker02 wrote:From what I've seen on LSN (biased sample, I know), UVA seems to have its fill so far of ED reverse splitters


Not really sure how you're coming to this conclusion? So far they've accepted many more traditional splitters, which in order to maintain their medians, they're going to have to accept more reverse splitters to even it out (make up for the relatively low GPA). Also, theres only one person on LSN that is a "super reverse splitter" (3.8 or higher GPA) and over a 160 lsat (which seems to be their minimum) that applied ED and he/she was accepted. There haven't really been too many reverse splitters (with what UVA looks for in a reverse splitter --3.92> & 160>) applying ED, at least reported on LSN.

Re: UVA ED

Posted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 9:14 pm
by broker02
I suppose I assumed a reverse splitter was low GPA/high LSAT - do I have this backwards? These are the folks that, from the chart, appear to have fared the best so far.

At any rate, I was referring to the high GPA/low (relatively) LSAT folks such as myself and the bearing the above conclusion had on my chances.

Re: UVA ED

Posted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 9:16 pm
by CGI Fridays
broker02 wrote:I suppose I assumed a reverse splitter was low GPA/high LSAT - do I have this backwards?

Yes.

Re: UVA ED

Posted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 9:17 pm
by broker02
Then I stand corrected.

Re: UVA ED

Posted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 9:34 pm
by sherpaorlawschool
Tough to say exactly what your chances would be. Of the four reverse splitters accepted to UVA ED so far on lawschoolnumbers, two are URM and the other two are in-state. UVA has the 40% in-state requirement so that may have affected the latter two's chances.

Re: UVA ED

Posted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 9:56 pm
by broker02
sherpaorlawschool wrote:Tough to say exactly what your chances would be. Of the four reverse splitters accepted to UVA ED so far on lawschoolnumbers, two are URM and the other two are in-state. UVA has the 40% in-state requirement so that may have affected the latter two's chances.



This is what I'm thinking. No out-of-state reverse splitters are included in the graph, so it's tough for me to make a conclusion. Assuming that LSN is a representative sample, I'd say my chances certainly aren't hurt by the applicants who have so far been accepted.

Re: UVA ED

Posted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 3:19 am
by CGI Fridays
What's your LSAT & rough GPA?
URM?
In State?
Insane softs?

Re: UVA ED

Posted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 10:19 am
by broker02
.