How accurate is LSN for Non-Traditional students?

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
fragged

How accurate is LSN for Non-Traditional students?

Postby fragged » Wed Oct 06, 2010 4:05 pm

Last edited by fragged on Fri Jan 28, 2011 2:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bdubs

Re: How accurate is LSN for Non-Traditional students?

Postby bdubs » Wed Oct 06, 2010 4:31 pm

Definitely hope that our work experience and less inflated GPAs get some sort of consideration. If you look closely at LSN you generally see that splitters straight out of undergrad tend to do slightly worse than those with at least a few years of work experience. That should give us some hope.

sarahh

Postby sarahh » Wed Oct 06, 2010 4:31 pm

You can identity as non-traditional. I don't know how many non-traditional applicants actually do it. You can also put how many years you have been out of undergrad. You cannot search for users that way, but it is in the profile. I would look at the admissions outcome graph for the schools you are interested in and click on the users with a similar GPA/LSAT score to see how long they have been out of school.

r6_philly

Postby r6_philly » Wed Oct 06, 2010 4:45 pm

I would venture to say that non-trad splitters fare a bit better at lower ranked schools. It is more likely they can land a job after graduation, which the schools would love them for.

bk1

Postby bk1 » Wed Oct 06, 2010 4:49 pm

My guess would be that it helps increase chances for people who have a decent GPA that is still a chunk below median with an above median LSAT. I doubt it would help people who have both GPA/LSAT below median, even if barely so.

Return to “What are my chances?”