LSAT 170, Chinese, foreign UG, PhD( expected) in Chemistry

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
alanbfish

LSAT 170, Chinese, foreign UG, PhD( expected) in Chemistry

Postby alanbfish » Wed Oct 06, 2010 3:18 pm

Hi, I am posting my numbers here to see if anyone had the similar credentials and got good offers.
Looking for T30 with as much $$ as possible.
Interested in IP and international law.
My UG score average was 84/100, with 85 being GPA of 4.
Will get phd next year.
Any good suggestions for schools and the $$?

Thanks a lot.

Veyron

Re: LSAT 170, Chinese, foreign UG, PhD( expected) in Chemistry

Postby Veyron » Wed Oct 06, 2010 3:35 pm

You'll get the $. Too bad for you international law dosn't exist. Sorry to crush your dreams. Do more research on your next career.

alanbfish

Postby alanbfish » Wed Oct 06, 2010 3:51 pm

Sorry for the confusion, maybe the two things are not strictly parallel, but here is what I found at Penn Law:
http://www.law.upenn.edu/international/

Thanks

Veyron wrote:You'll get the $. Too bad for you international law dosn't exist. Sorry to crush your dreams. Do more research on your next career.

Veyron

Postby Veyron » Wed Oct 06, 2010 4:39 pm

alanbfish wrote:Sorry for the confusion, maybe the two things are not strictly parallel, but here is what I found at Penn Law:
http://www.law.upenn.edu/international/

Thanks

Veyron wrote:You'll get the $. Too bad for you international law dosn't exist. Sorry to crush your dreams. Do more research on your next career.

Oh, the prooooooooooooooooooograms exist. I thought you wanted a job or something. Silly me.

r6_philly

Postby r6_philly » Wed Oct 06, 2010 4:42 pm

Veyron wrote:Oh, the prooooooooooooooooooograms exist. I thought you wanted a job or something. Silly me.

You mean to tell me a Chinese can't find a decent job practicing in HK or elsewhere in China? Seriously? You are going to break my heart.

Veyron

Postby Veyron » Wed Oct 06, 2010 4:50 pm

r6_philly wrote:
Veyron wrote:Oh, the prooooooooooooooooooograms exist. I thought you wanted a job or something. Silly me.

You mean to tell me a Chinese can't find a decent job practicing in HK or elsewhere in China? Seriously? You are going to break my heart.

From Penn, perhaps. From a T-30 probably not. Still, the rule that you don't go to law school expecting to get a job doing I-law is a good one to follow.

Return to “What are my chances?”