Academic Summary Report Implications

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!

Academic Summary Report Implications

Postby haveaniceday111 » Tue Oct 05, 2010 2:38 am

Hey everyone. Like most people I've been obsessing over minutia of the application process, and just wanted to discuss some things...

1. Downward Trend?:

My cummulative GPA across my four years were 3.37, 3.48, 3.45 and 3.41. Does this constitute a "downward" trend, even though they're in the hundredths of a GPA point? I think the only explanation is that I took harder classes with harder professors while working longer hours at an off-campus job, but is that legit or simply an excuse? Does this necesistate an addendum?

2. LSAT Percentage Distribution

With my 169 LSAT, I was in the top 5% of my school's testtakers. Does that mean anything vis-a-vis the GPA in the minds of adcomms?

3. LSAT Taken Twice

I took the LSAT in 2007 and got a 158. It made my heart sink, but after spending some time to think and reflect I worked harder and took it again in 2009 and got a 169. I've already written an addendum. I've already made a list of where I'm applying, but should I reconsider?When looking at law schools, how big of a factor is the previous 158?

Maybe it's the case that I simply need a slap in the face. I feel like there's something I'm missing.

Thanks in advance!

Re: Academic Summary Report Implications

Postby Pleasye » Tue Oct 05, 2010 2:53 am

1. No this isn't a downward trend. It's pretty damn constant.

2. Don't know...they may glance at it but in the end a 169 is a 169.

3. The first score isn't a big deal. Most schools will just take your higher score.

Postby im_blue » Tue Oct 05, 2010 4:28 am

haveaniceday111 wrote:Maybe it's the case that I simply need a slap in the face.

Postby 2014 » Tue Oct 05, 2010 8:40 am

Very few schools average so your 169 should stand up.
Why would they care how you did in relation to those at your school on the LSAT? You are going to be in a school with entirely new students and how you did against the old ones at a test is hardly relevant. Your GPA compared to the rest of your UG is a bit more telling.
Definitely not a downward trend, your GPA is pretty consistent imo

Return to “What are my chances?”