3.05 / 164 Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
sandaltan

Bronze

3.05 / 164

Post by sandaltan » Wed Sep 29, 2010 11:36 pm

LSAC GPA: 3.05
LSAT: 164

softs:

4 years relevant work experience at same firm (2 years full time post graduation) (worked 30 hours/week for 3rd and 4th yrs)

letter of rec from professor who hired me as a TA for business law and later hired me at his law firm (should be good, although im sure letters arent big pieces of the app)

solid obstacle to write about

wondering if there are some t40 i should apply to (i got an unexpected fee waiver from tulane, so ill send them an app)

thoughts?

Grizz

Diamond

Re: 3.05 / 164

Post by Grizz » Wed Sep 29, 2010 11:42 pm

Retake if you can. GPA will sink you for admits and money at waaay too many places without it.

sandaltan

Bronze

Post by sandaltan » Wed Sep 29, 2010 11:47 pm

rad law wrote:Retake if you can. GPA will sink you for admits and money at waaay too many places without it.
ok, lets suppose i get it to a 170, what then?

what if i dont retake?

Grizz

Diamond

Post by Grizz » Wed Sep 29, 2010 11:49 pm

sandaltan wrote:
rad law wrote:Retake if you can. GPA will sink you for admits and money at waaay too many places without it.

what if i dont retake?
Get the 170, then we'll talk, but it will open up tons of options. T14 with ED are in play.

If you don't retake, no one can really help you meaningfully if we don't know what region you want to work in and your career goals.

kalvano

Diamond

Post by kalvano » Wed Sep 29, 2010 11:54 pm

In at Tulane (probably), in at Wake, SMU, WL at W&L, W&M.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

sandaltan

Bronze

Post by sandaltan » Thu Sep 30, 2010 12:02 am

rad law wrote:
sandaltan wrote:

what if i dont retake?
Get the 170, then we'll talk, but it will open up tons of options. T14 with ED are in play.

If you don't retake, no one can really help you meaningfully if we don't know what region you want to work in and your career goals.
welp, i would have to take the december test, and really improve my games. i crushed arguments, ok reading comp, bombed games (13 or 14/22 i think). t14 ED is far more than i was expecting even with a 170, so thats a compelling option. if i were to retake, should i still submit all apps early with a pending lsat?

as far as desires, i would like to live and work in california. i am, however, not entirely set on this. i feel i could be pretty happy anywhere. I just want to go to the best school i can.

Grizz

Diamond

Post by Grizz » Thu Sep 30, 2010 12:10 am

sandaltan wrote:
rad law wrote:
sandaltan wrote:

what if i dont retake?

welp, i would have to take the december test, and really improve my games. i crushed arguments, ok reading comp, bombed games (13 or 14/22 i think). t14 ED is far more than i was expecting even with a 170, so thats a compelling option. if i were to retake, should i still submit all apps early with a pending lsat?

as far as desires, i would like to live and work in california. i am, however, not entirely set on this. i feel i could be pretty happy anywhere. I just want to go to the best school i can.
If you feel like you can improve but are pressed for time, consider waiting a year.

"Best law school I can" doesn't a lot of sense unless we're talking like T10. You're probably going to have to pick a region you want to work in and stick to it.

kalvano

Diamond

Post by kalvano » Thu Sep 30, 2010 12:13 am

Games is the easiest section to learn.

sandaltan

Bronze

Post by sandaltan » Thu Sep 30, 2010 12:15 am

kalvano wrote:Games is the easiest section to learn.
i fucking hate games. im too slow, maybe i should consider a private tutor (credit cards are like free money, right?) and see what happens. Im not pressed for time, i could put in the study time, i just never thought a 170 would make such a big difference.

if i aced the games i think i woulda had a 171 or something like that.

as far as CA education, how bout loyola?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Grizz

Diamond

Post by Grizz » Thu Sep 30, 2010 12:17 am

sandaltan wrote:
i fucking hate games. im too slow, maybe i should consider a private tutor (credit cards are like free money, right?) and see what happens. Im not pressed for time, i could put in the study time, i just never thought a 170 would make such a big difference.

Only if you get a massive scholarship.

sandaltan

Bronze

Post by sandaltan » Thu Sep 30, 2010 12:41 am

rad law wrote:
sandaltan wrote:

Only if you get a massive scholarship.
im not willing to wait a year. if i were to retake it would have to be the dec. test, which i could study appropriately for. what would you do?

Grizz

Diamond

Post by Grizz » Thu Sep 30, 2010 12:41 am

sandaltan wrote: im not willing to wait a year. if i were to retake it would have to be the dec. test, which i could study appropriately for. what would you do?
Start studying.

sandaltan

Bronze

Post by sandaltan » Thu Sep 30, 2010 12:45 am

rad law wrote:
sandaltan wrote: im not willing to wait a year. if i were to retake it would have to be the dec. test, which i could study appropriately for. what would you do?
Start studying.
would you wait to apply until after the dec. test or get them all out now with a pending score?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Grizz

Diamond

Post by Grizz » Thu Sep 30, 2010 12:47 am

sandaltan wrote:
rad law wrote:
Start studying.
would you wait to apply until after the dec. test or get them all out now with a pending score?
Def. the former. Sorry forgot to mention that.

sandaltan

Bronze

Post by sandaltan » Thu Sep 30, 2010 12:49 am

rad law wrote:
sandaltan wrote:
rad law wrote:
Start studying.
Def. the former. Sorry forgot to mention that.
damn you would wait? FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU.................they wouldnt wait to see what my dec results are before rejecting me?

maybe ill apply to my safe/safe-ish schools early and save my reach apps for december?

Grizz

Diamond

Post by Grizz » Thu Sep 30, 2010 12:51 am

sandaltan wrote: damn you would wait? FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU.................they wouldnt wait to see what my dec results are before rejecting me?

maybe ill apply to my safe/safe-ish schools early and save my reach apps for december?
Whoa sorry I almost gave you horrific advice. Definitely apply now. Apply now. I did a December retake, and I applied early and let the new score update. Def. better than waiting. Sorry about that.

mwheatley

New

Post by mwheatley » Thu Sep 30, 2010 12:54 am

kalvano wrote:In at Tulane (probably), in at Wake, SMU, WL at W&L, W&M.

For selfish reasons, was this prediction for a 165 or a 170. My goal for this october is to get 170. I have been PT around there but if I somehow end up with a 165 I wouldn't mind going to wake, w&l or w&m. I have similar gps and letters of rec. Sorry to OP for highjacking this thread!!

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

sandaltan

Bronze

Post by sandaltan » Thu Sep 30, 2010 12:56 am

rad law wrote:
sandaltan wrote: damn you would wait? FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU.................they wouldnt wait to see what my dec results are before rejecting me?

Whoa sorry I almost gave you horrific advice. Definitely apply now. Apply now. I did a December retake, and I applied early and let the new score update. Def. better than waiting. Sorry about that.
hahaha no worries, scared me for a moment. my mind was full of fuck.

maybe thats what ill do then. sorry to keep bothering you, and thanks for all your advice. with my numbers/info, if i were *shooting* for a 170 dec. score, where would you send apps to?

Grizz

Diamond

Post by Grizz » Thu Sep 30, 2010 12:59 am

sandaltan wrote:
rad law wrote:

maybe thats what ill do then. sorry to keep bothering you, and thanks for all your advice. with my numbers/info, if i were *shooting* for a 170 dec. score, where would you send apps to?
Again, it all depends where you want to practice. But if you hit 170 and are cool with the debt, I'd immediately ED to UVA, assuming you hit 170.

kalvano

Diamond

Post by kalvano » Thu Sep 30, 2010 1:03 am

mwheatley wrote:
kalvano wrote:In at Tulane (probably), in at Wake, SMU, WL at W&L, W&M.

For selfish reasons, was this prediction for a 165 or a 170. My goal for this october is to get 170. I have been PT around there but if I somehow end up with a 165 I wouldn't mind going to wake, w&l or w&m. I have similar gps and letters of rec. Sorry to OP for highjacking this thread!!

164. W&M and W&L are by no means assured.

sandaltan

Bronze

Post by sandaltan » Thu Sep 30, 2010 1:16 am

rad law wrote:
sandaltan wrote:
rad law wrote:

Again, it all depends where you want to practice. But if you hit 170 and are cool with the debt, I'd immediately ED to UVA, assuming you hit 170.
im cool with debt in t50 for the most part. im down to practice law anywhere that gives me a great legal education. i would go just about anywhere i was accepted in T20, and definitely anywhere t14. anywhere. and id be happy to.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

sandaltan

Bronze

Post by sandaltan » Sat Oct 02, 2010 9:58 pm

So i just got a fee waiver from W & M...I would love to go there, but I think its just a ploy to reject me :(

anyone know a great, reasonably priced LSAT tutor in the OC/LA area? one thats particularly stellar with games? please PM me if you do :)

kalvano

Diamond

Post by kalvano » Sat Oct 02, 2010 10:20 pm

sandaltan wrote:So i just got a fee waiver from W & M...I would love to go there, but I think its just a ploy to reject me :(

anyone know a great, reasonably priced LSAT tutor in the OC/LA area? one thats particularly stellar with games? please PM me if you do :)

Logic Games Bible.

sandaltan

Bronze

Post by sandaltan » Sat Oct 02, 2010 10:28 pm

kalvano wrote:
sandaltan wrote:So i just got a fee waiver from W & M...I would love to go there, but I think its just a ploy to reject me :(

Logic Games Bible.
I went through the LGB - maybe not enough.

My method is just crap, i plod along...i get the concepts, but when it comes down to the test, I cant identify the games fast enough, im slow to diagram, my rule list is often incomplete...ill look over it again, but if it means a 7-8 point swing (i missed 9 games questions...FML), im down to shell out a few hundred bucks for some 1 on 1.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “What are my chances?”