3.16/175

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
Ginj

3.16/175

Postby Ginj » Wed Sep 29, 2010 1:58 pm

Chances accepted/scholly chances?

University of Colorado Law School
University of Denver Sturm College of Law
Duke University School of Law
Lewis & Clark Law School
New York University School of Law
University of Oregon School of Law
Stetson University College of Law
Temple University—James E. Beasley School of Law
Vanderbilt University Law School

Obviously covering a wide range here, but I'd take a full ride over school prestige, granted the school's in a region that I want to settle down in.

Graciaaaaaaaaaas...

Re: 3.16/175

Postby 2014 » Wed Sep 29, 2010 4:06 pm

Probably in at all other than Duke, NYU, and maybe Vandy (I think you will get in their though too if you interview and express enough interest). Lowest GPA Duke let in last year on LSN was a 3.3 and that was only one person. A few 3.4x's got in, but for the most part you needed 3.55 to be competitive which you are well below. NYU is the same story, so don't plan on either of those.

You can be pretty certain that you will get scholly offers from all of the rest on your list. You should pick some more realistic reach schools too if you are willing to send out a couple of more apps. You are in ED at UVA for example, and might be able to do Michigan too.

Edit - missed your full ride part at the end. If that is the case, EDing to a top 14 might not be the best choice for you personally. GW has their full ride ED program which you might be competitive for if you want DC/East coast.

Grizz

Postby Grizz » Wed Sep 29, 2010 4:16 pm

Vandy's out. Not friendly to splitter. Do NOT go to Stetson. UF or FSU will take you. Maybe not with a full ride, but probably with enough to make Stetson a bad idea.

dissonance1848

Postby dissonance1848 » Wed Sep 29, 2010 4:21 pm

OP, apply RD to NU, Gtown, GW, UVA, Michigan, Vandy, WUSTL, UofILL, Indy U, U of Minn, U of Iowa, ND, Temple, and some others.

No idea about your shots at full ride, but some of those including maybe 1 or 2 T14 should give some cash.

Ginj

Postby Ginj » Wed Sep 29, 2010 4:28 pm

Some dreams...shot to pieces... but thanks, guys.

I only had Stetson on there because I'm in Tampa working at a firm. Translation: Stetson = possible full ride + part-time + almost definite job after graduation. But do I want to stay in Tampa? Meh.

I also appreciate the realistic suggestions. I'm not applying until next year anyway, but good to keep in mind.

Grizz

Postby Grizz » Wed Sep 29, 2010 4:32 pm

Ginj wrote:Some dreams...shot to pieces... but thanks, guys.

I only had Stetson on there because I'm in Tampa working at a firm. Translation: Stetson = possible full ride + part-time + almost definite job after graduation. But do I want to stay in Tampa? Meh.

I also appreciate the realistic suggestions. I'm not applying until next year anyway, but good to keep in mind.

If the job is guaranteed in Tampa, then take Stetson, but if not, take the money at UF/FSU. I'm from Tampa. May I ask what firm? You can PM me if you want.

Return to “What are my chances?”