URM AAFemale 3.4 T14 chances? Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
Spinozist21

Silver

Re: URM AAFemale 3.4 T14 chances?

Post by Spinozist21 » Thu Sep 23, 2010 4:14 pm

Me? Well, its not to the top 14 or top 25 so I guess you really shouldn't concern yourself with it.

Pittsburgh ED
Ohio State
Case Western
Penn State

Jackson Pollock

Bronze

Post by Jackson Pollock » Thu Sep 23, 2010 4:14 pm

Is it bad if I read Pdaddy's posts with the voice from this guy:

And OP, I agree with everyone saying retake. Delayed gratification is appropriate in this case.

Spinozist21

Silver

Post by Spinozist21 » Thu Sep 23, 2010 4:15 pm

bk187 wrote:
Spinozist21 wrote:It is completely incorrect to say/assume that there are not good/great lawyers from schools outside the top 14-25 schools.

I am not saying that you are particularly doing that...but lets be serious...there are a ton of posters on here and a ton is said that simply is factually incorrect. You can go to a 50-70 school or whatever and do well and get a good job. You will have to work hard...so what? Will you be a disadvantage? Sure...but it is fallacious to say that you cant be successful etc at certain schools.

And frankly it should disturb any/every "good" poster...any poster who actually wants to give/receive advice and help...again...its ridiculous.
Which is why I said the following:
bk187 wrote:I'm not trying to be negative of people, but each person should either go to the best school they can or the best scholarship they can. Not doing what you can to maximize that is just stupid.
And that is why I actually respect what you have to say.

paratactical

Platinum

Post by paratactical » Thu Sep 23, 2010 4:16 pm

Spinozist21 wrote:Me? Well, its not to the top 14 or top 25 so I guess you really shouldn't concern yourself with it.

Pittsburgh ED
Ohio State
Case Western
Penn State
FWIW, I grew up near Penn State and if I was AA, it would be one of the last places in America I would want to live.

LAWLAW09

Bronze

Post by LAWLAW09 » Thu Sep 23, 2010 4:17 pm

LAWLAW09 wrote:PDaddy, do you plan on responding to my posts that were directed at you?

No need to PDaddy. Men usually get silent when other men call them out for inappropriately attacking women. That pattern is also present, as is the case now, when it's a black man calling out another black man.

“People will not challenge us. They must treat us with silence… So watch who people quote when it comes to Black scholarship. If they’re quoted forget them… If they are considered the most ‘compelling,’ the most ‘brilliant’ what you see then is someone that does not help us. It is the invisible. It is the ones that we know. The ones that do not receive grants, the ones that are not lauded or called ‘super heroes’ in each others books. Or worst still the ones who are not considered the best by White scholars who stand over our archives like vultures keeping our history hostage and asking as the price of admission that you trade your soul for access to the things that your ancestors inscribed. Those people that write on the backs of books that ‘this is the finest new scholar,’ that is the person that you should never quote. Rather, buy all their books, read them for the sources, get the sources yourself because what they have contributed is not a frame for interpreting but rather they have just given you a roadmap to the things that you need to reclaim.” – Dr. Greg Kemathi Carr, associate professor and chair of Howard University's Afro-American Studies department

And this concludes all that I plan to contribute to this thread. Good luck to the OP.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

lawschoollll

Bronze

Post by lawschoollll » Thu Sep 23, 2010 4:19 pm

Spinozist21 wrote:Me? Well, its not to the top 14 or top 25 so I guess you really shouldn't concern yourself with it.

Pittsburgh ED
Ohio State
Case Western
Penn State
Look man, you need to reconsider your decision or get a better LSAT score. I say that as a genuine, non-flame person who is also looking at LS. There are a ton of attorneys who graduated from the listed schools who are doing great, but they graduated in a fundamentally different legal market. The miniscule odds of success from one of these schools do not excuse the requisite risk.

Spinozist21

Silver

Post by Spinozist21 » Thu Sep 23, 2010 4:19 pm

paratactical wrote:

Pittsburgh ED
Ohio State
Case Western
Penn State
FWIW, I grew up near Penn State and if I was AA, it would be one of the last places in America I would want to live.
Where did u grow up?

Spinozist21

Silver

Post by Spinozist21 » Thu Sep 23, 2010 4:20 pm

lawschoollll wrote:

Pittsburgh ED
Ohio State
Case Western
Penn State
Look man, you need to reconsider your decision or get a better LSAT score. I say that as a genuine, non-flame person who is also looking at LS. There are a ton of attorneys who graduated from the listed schools who are doing great, but they graduated in a fundamentally different legal market. The miniscule odds of success from one of these schools do not excuse the requisite risk.
The JD will not be my last degree. I am only doing JD/MA programs and then afterward will complete the PhD...I am confident with what I want to do.

Thanks though.

moopness

Bronze

Post by moopness » Thu Sep 23, 2010 4:21 pm

Jackson Pollock wrote:Is it bad if I read Pdaddy's posts with the voice from this guy:

ROFLMAO!

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

paratactical

Platinum

Post by paratactical » Thu Sep 23, 2010 4:22 pm

Jackson Pollock wrote:Is it bad if I read Pdaddy's posts with the voice from this guy:

And OP, I agree with everyone saying retake. Delayed gratification is appropriate in this case.
Best. First. Post. Evar.

Gold

Post by 20121109 » Thu Sep 23, 2010 5:25 pm

IBImakePDaddymybitchagain....

You know I really didn't want to derail this thread because I actually know the girl who started it IRL, and I had hoped that TLS would be a great resource for her the way it was, and continues to be for me...

But then you, PDaddy, come along and try me. Again. WTF is wrong with you? No one believes that you didn't write those racist remarks because your behavior on these boards is so outrageous that they came as less than a surprise. You're pitiful...keep telling yourself that I'm not at HLS, lol...I'm actually in Harkness Commons right now. GTFO with this nonsense. Say whatever you want about me...your palpable bitterness is nothing less than delicious.

MartianManhunter

Bronze

Post by MartianManhunter » Thu Sep 23, 2010 5:48 pm

Thread is tl;dr.

OP will likely break top 25-30 with projected LSAT. There's a chance for a t20. There's an even smaller chance to one of those lucky few who manage to crack Cornell with similar numbers.

romothesavior

Diamond

Post by romothesavior » Thu Sep 23, 2010 8:14 pm

OP, I'm really sorry this thread turned into a shit show. I think you have good questions and it is important for you to get good answers. I want to throw these thoughts out there, and you can take them for what they are worth.

1. If you don't get a 160+ on the LSAT, you should retake. There is no harm in retaking, but the potential benefits would be HUGE. A 160+ would get you full rides or close to it from a lot of top tier schools, as well as likely get you some admittances to some T14s.

2. It is NOT T14 or Howard if you are a URM. Howard is a fine school, I am sure, but you want to go to a place where your race can help you stand out in the crowd, not force you to blend in. As an AA, you are a coveted prize for many schools and eventually for firms and other employers. There are very few AAs in the upper-echelons of law and an AA that does respectably at a good school will be heavily sought after. If you are not able to crack the T14, I encourage you to consider some of the regional T20-30s. You could get good money from them with a solid LSAT score.

There are many great resources on TLS, including many great AAs who have been through this process already. I encourage you to utilize them throughout your cycle, and don't let all the ridiculous BS that goes on around here hold you back. Good luck to you!

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Stanford4Me

Platinum

Post by Stanford4Me » Thu Sep 23, 2010 8:28 pm

OP, try to score higher on the LSAT. If you aren't able to you have a slight chance @ T-14, better chance @ T-25. Don't use any of the online predictors to gauge where you should apply because they are not accurate for URMs, even if they try to account for your status as a URM.

Lastly, people like PDaddy make my life more difficult.

2011Cycle

Bronze

Post by 2011Cycle » Thu Sep 23, 2010 8:30 pm

Stanford4Me wrote:OP, try to score higher on the LSAT. If you aren't able to you have a slight chance @ T-14, better chance @ T-25. Don't use any of the online predictors to gauge where you should apply because they are not accurate for URMs, even if they try to account for your status as a URM.

Stanford4Me, can I PM you with a question?

Doritos

Silver

Post by Doritos » Thu Sep 23, 2010 8:34 pm

OP break 160 and enjoy the T14 and the good life.

Stanford4Me

Platinum

Post by Stanford4Me » Thu Sep 23, 2010 9:02 pm

2011Cycle wrote:
Stanford4Me wrote:OP, try to score higher on the LSAT. If you aren't able to you have a slight chance @ T-14, better chance @ T-25. Don't use any of the online predictors to gauge where you should apply because they are not accurate for URMs, even if they try to account for your status as a URM.

Stanford4Me, can I PM you with a question?
Definitely.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Mickey Quicknumbers

Gold

Post by Mickey Quicknumbers » Thu Sep 23, 2010 9:13 pm

Is systematic misinformation, publicly defaming other posters, and blatant racism not bannable anymore?

romothesavior

Diamond

Post by romothesavior » Thu Sep 23, 2010 9:15 pm

delBarco wrote:Is systematic misinformation, publicly defaming other posters, and blatant racism not bannable anymore?
The only bannable offense is meme-generation in on-topic threads. Haven't you heard? :lol:

Mickey Quicknumbers

Gold

Post by Mickey Quicknumbers » Thu Sep 23, 2010 9:43 pm

romothesavior wrote:
delBarco wrote:Is systematic misinformation, publicly defaming other posters, and blatant racism not bannable anymore?
The only bannable offense is meme-generation in on-topic threads. Haven't you heard? :lol:
--ImageRemoved--

kalvano

Diamond

Post by kalvano » Thu Sep 23, 2010 9:45 pm

I nominate LAWLAW09 as one of my new favorite posters.

Seconded.

Motion passed.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

seespotrun

Gold

Post by seespotrun » Thu Sep 23, 2010 9:51 pm

PDaddy wrote:
But I will say this, it's getting increasingly more difficult for URM's to get into the elite schools with anything below 160 regardless of grades. This should please many white students, who think the "break" given to uRM's is unfair.
All non-URMs are white? wtf

Doritos

Silver

Post by Doritos » Thu Sep 23, 2010 10:01 pm

seespotrun wrote:
PDaddy wrote:
But I will say this, it's getting increasingly more difficult for URM's to get into the elite schools with anything below 160 regardless of grades. This should please many white students, who think the "break" given to uRM's is unfair.

I love louis ck

proof....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4u2ZsoYW ... re=related
http://www.hulu.com/watch/158175/the-to ... -ck-part-2

Bildungsroman

Platinum

Post by Bildungsroman » Thu Sep 23, 2010 10:10 pm

Why doesn't memegenerator work for me? PDaddy is putting up gold time and again. Gold!

seespotrun

Gold

Post by seespotrun » Thu Sep 23, 2010 10:11 pm

Doritos wrote:
seespotrun wrote:
PDaddy wrote:

I love louis ck

proof....

http://www.hulu.com/watch/158175/the-to ... -ck-part-2
All great. I love Doritos. Let's be friends.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “What are my chances?”