169/3.6 - Michigan RD or ED?

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
nyk3
Posts: 33
Joined: Tue Mar 09, 2010 5:32 pm

169/3.6 - Michigan RD or ED?

Postby nyk3 » Mon Sep 20, 2010 11:09 pm

169/3.6, good softs, good LOR's.

I'm still waiting on UVA ED but not liking my chances (hopefully residency carries me through). If I apply by the end of the month to Michigan, what are my chances RD vs. ED? I'm not sure about the summer start, but want T14.

Thanks for your help.

nyk3
Posts: 33
Joined: Tue Mar 09, 2010 5:32 pm

Re: 169/3.6 - Michigan RD or ED?

Postby nyk3 » Tue Sep 21, 2010 11:58 am

Officially waitlisted. Bump.

User avatar
jcunni5
Posts: 226
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2009 12:51 pm

Re: 169/3.6 - Michigan RD or ED?

Postby jcunni5 » Tue Sep 21, 2010 12:00 pm

the only t14's you a have a chance at are probably Cornell and Mich so the ED to Mich is probably worth it if you don't mind the sticker price and starting in the summer

User avatar
Grizz
Posts: 10583
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:31 pm

Re: 169/3.6 - Michigan RD or ED?

Postby Grizz » Tue Sep 21, 2010 12:07 pm

ED if you're comfortable paying sticker, which I wouldn't recommend, but it's up to you.

It might be worth retaking the LSAT if you think you can do better.

User avatar
beachbum
Posts: 2766
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:35 pm

Re: 169/3.6 - Michigan RD or ED?

Postby beachbum » Tue Sep 21, 2010 12:31 pm

rad law wrote:ED if you're comfortable paying sticker, which I wouldn't recommend, but it's up to you.

It might be worth retaking the LSAT if you think you can do better.


+1, and I like the new avatar.

As it stands now, OP, your best bet is to ED to Michigan. Otherwise, retake the LSAT. If you can bump that score up to a 170 (hell, that could be one lucky guess), you are a lock for UVA ED.

User avatar
2014
Posts: 5834
Joined: Sat Jun 05, 2010 3:53 pm

Re: 169/3.6 - Michigan RD or ED?

Postby 2014 » Tue Sep 21, 2010 4:09 pm

beachbum wrote:
rad law wrote:ED if you're comfortable paying sticker, which I wouldn't recommend, but it's up to you.

It might be worth retaking the LSAT if you think you can do better.


+1, and I like the new avatar.

As it stands now, OP, your best bet is to ED to Michigan. Otherwise, retake the LSAT. If you can bump that score up to a 170 (hell, that could be one lucky guess), you are a lock for UVA ED.

He already burned his UVA ED, so it would have to be next year.

OP ED for sure if you want to get in. If you get WLed by UVA as an instater ED, you are extremely unlikely to get Mich RD.

User avatar
beachbum
Posts: 2766
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:35 pm

Re: 169/3.6 - Michigan RD or ED?

Postby beachbum » Tue Sep 21, 2010 4:23 pm

2014 wrote:
beachbum wrote:
rad law wrote:ED if you're comfortable paying sticker, which I wouldn't recommend, but it's up to you.

It might be worth retaking the LSAT if you think you can do better.


+1, and I like the new avatar.

As it stands now, OP, your best bet is to ED to Michigan. Otherwise, retake the LSAT. If you can bump that score up to a 170 (hell, that could be one lucky guess), you are a lock for UVA ED.

He already burned his UVA ED, so it would have to be next year.

OP ED for sure if you want to get in. If you get WLed by UVA as an instater ED, you are extremely unlikely to get Mich RD.


Yup, that's what I was going for. ED to Michigan this cycle. If it works out, great; if not, retake the LSAT and do UVA ED next cycle.

nyk3
Posts: 33
Joined: Tue Mar 09, 2010 5:32 pm

Re: 169/3.6 - Michigan RD or ED?

Postby nyk3 » Wed Sep 22, 2010 10:33 am

Michigan's extremely kind to 169's. Some last cycle even got money.

I still think I'll ED.




Return to “What are my chances?”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests