Law School Predictor as a guide

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!

Law School Predictor as a guide

Postby haveaniceday111 » Fri Sep 17, 2010 1:01 am

hey everyone,

My numbers aren't that impressive (3.41, 169), and like most of you I've been spending a lot of time researching law schools/my chances. I have some softs that I hope will help (debate, editor for a journal, int'l WE, law firm WE, Peace Corps, and I speak four languages). I'm pretty confident with my personal statement. (It took me three complete revisions and hundreds of tweaks).
That being said, based on how my numbers checked out on, I'm applying to

1 Deny,
4 considers
1 strongly consider
3 accepts.

In other words, 3 reaches, 3 matches, and 3 safeties.

That's my strategy. Maybe it's a good idea, maybe it's not.

What do y'all think?

Re: Law School Predictor as a guide

Postby bk1 » Fri Sep 17, 2010 1:02 am

Check out how people with your stats did last cycle to the schools you are applying to.

Postby 2014 » Fri Sep 17, 2010 7:53 am

Law School Predictor is usually worthwhile to help decide where to throw an application out to, but is often wrong in individual cases. A lot of people have claimed admittances to weak consider/ considers and rejections from strong consider / admit.

Generally the denies are legitimate though and you probably aren't going to get in.

Postby HeavenWood » Fri Sep 17, 2010 2:33 pm

I would caution against relying on LSP too closely. According to their formula a non-URM 3.94 + 163 = an admit at BC. LSN, however, shows that while I have a shot, I'm far from a shoe-in.

Postby im_blue » Sat Sep 18, 2010 12:07 am

LSP won't be that accurate for you since you're a splitter. Look at LSN to see how people with similar numbers did.

Return to “What are my chances?”