splitter's chances at Northwestern RD?

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
SnowyMobs

splitter's chances at Northwestern RD?

Postby SnowyMobs » Thu Sep 16, 2010 7:41 pm

just found out that you can't ED to Northwestern if you've ED-ed to another school in the same application cycle (even if the other school has already rejected you).

does anybody know how splitters with work experience generally fare when they apply to NU regular decision?

Re: splitter's chances at Northwestern RD?

Postby 2014 » Thu Sep 16, 2010 11:04 pm

Are you sure you can't ED to NW AFTER another school rejects you? If I recall correctly their wording makes it so you can't ED elsewhere after they reject you, but that doesn't necessarily it applies the other way.

SnowyMobs

Postby SnowyMobs » Thu Sep 16, 2010 11:44 pm

2014 wrote:Are you sure you can't ED to NW AFTER another school rejects you? If I recall correctly their wording makes it so you can't ED elsewhere after they reject you, but that doesn't necessarily it applies the other way.

that's what i thought until recently. their ED contract this year (dunno about previous years) includes the line:

"During this admissions cycle, I have not submitted and will not submit an application for Early Decision at any other law school.."

that's what's throwing me off. i was wondering if anybody on the boards had any information on this, it seems strange.

bk1

Postby bk1 » Fri Sep 17, 2010 12:01 am

That's how I read it and that's what their emails seem to confirm.

I would call them to clarify as their emails are kind of dodgy and an admissions office rep will give you a straight answer.

im_blue

Postby im_blue » Sat Sep 18, 2010 12:08 am

SnowyMobs wrote:
2014 wrote:Are you sure you can't ED to NW AFTER another school rejects you? If I recall correctly their wording makes it so you can't ED elsewhere after they reject you, but that doesn't necessarily it applies the other way.

that's what i thought until recently. their ED contract this year (dunno about previous years) includes the line:

"During this admissions cycle, I have not submitted and will not submit an application for Early Decision at any other law school.."

that's what's throwing me off. i was wondering if anybody on the boards had any information on this, it seems strange.

Not sure what's ambiguous about this statement - you're not allowed to ED to any other law school before, during, or after EDing at NU.

flyingpanda

Postby flyingpanda » Sat Sep 18, 2010 5:41 pm

im_blue wrote:
SnowyMobs wrote:

Not sure what's ambiguous about this statement - you're not allowed to ED to any other law school before, during, or after EDing at NU.

Because the context of the statement is ambiguous and also nobody has bothered calling to ask, which I have suggested at least 10 times

Return to “What are my chances?”