Nurse attorney?

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
starbuck81

Nurse attorney?

Postby starbuck81 » Mon Sep 13, 2010 6:58 pm

Hi Everyone,

I posted this similar question in another forum, but I would like your opinions also. Currently an R.N., receiving my BSN next December. Would really like to go to law school and specialize in health care law. Do you think there is a need for these type of attorneys? Or a market for health care law? I know with the economy and everything, jobs are scarce. I thought with my medical experience/law experience I would be a good fit for a firm. I just wanted your opinions. My GPA is almost a 3.7 now. I'm a non-trad student, 29 and married with 2 children. Let me know

Grizz

Re: Nurse attorney?

Postby Grizz » Mon Sep 13, 2010 7:09 pm

If you want to go to lawl school to be a health care attorney, take the LSAT and reevaluate.

Know that you may not get a job in your field of choice years out of school and it will possibly burden your children and your marriage depending on how down your husband is with all this.

El_Gallo

Postby El_Gallo » Mon Sep 13, 2010 7:15 pm

If you have browsed around this forum you have probably realized that the legal economy is crap right now. From the things that I have read the health care field has not been hit near as hard. I think most people on here would definitely recommend that you think twice before leaving a secure, good paying job, to become a lawyer.

That being said, I think that your background does make you a unique applicant. Match that GPA with a solid LSAT score and I think you will do well.

Good luck with your choice :)

kevin261186

Postby kevin261186 » Mon Sep 13, 2010 7:28 pm

Healthcare Law is one field that is very stable, and may in fact grow due to regulatory changes. I work in medical malpractice defense and know there to be several attorneys in the field who started out life as RNs or MDs.

Return to “What are my chances?”