apply this cycle, or wait (3.67 and ...?)

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
rjh456
Posts: 71
Joined: Wed Mar 17, 2010 3:15 am

apply this cycle, or wait (3.67 and ...?)

Postby rjh456 » Mon Sep 13, 2010 5:45 pm

I have a 3.67 and I'm planning to take the LSAT in October. Right now my score range is about 169-173 but I'm worried that test anxiety will get the better of me and I'll have to retake. Maybe it won't and things will go as well as they could. But, in the chance that they don't, would it be better to retake in December and still try to apply this cycle, or should I wait and apply next year? If I had a 4.0 and was scoring in the 177-180 range then I wouldn't care so much about applying late, but I'm concerned that losing the early advantage will hurt me at schools like CCN where my numbers are kind of on the fence. Any suggestions?

User avatar
bk1
Posts: 18422
Joined: Sun Mar 14, 2010 7:06 pm

Re: apply this cycle, or wait (3.67 and ...?)

Postby bk1 » Mon Sep 13, 2010 5:47 pm

Depends how much you value the year. Personally I would probably wait the year if you don't like your LSAT, retake in February or something so you're not stressed about a time crunch between when you get your score and the December test date.

User avatar
Grizz
Posts: 10583
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:31 pm

Re: apply this cycle, or wait (3.67 and ...?)

Postby Grizz » Mon Sep 13, 2010 5:53 pm

Got something to do with your year off? Confident about a possible December retake? It's hard to just say generally.

rjh456
Posts: 71
Joined: Wed Mar 17, 2010 3:15 am

Re: apply this cycle, or wait (3.67 and ...?)

Postby rjh456 » Mon Sep 13, 2010 6:10 pm

yeah I know what you mean. maybe i'll start looking into options for a year out. at the very least it'll take some of the pressure off in october.




Return to “What are my chances?”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: jjcorvino and 2 guests