good score + cancel

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
dbrddr

good score + cancel

Postby dbrddr » Fri Sep 10, 2010 12:05 pm

Hi all, I received a 172 in Feb. Retook in June, blew a logic game, and had to cancel. Will schools care at all about the cancellation since I'd already done well on my first sitting? IMO, it should seem obvious that in deciding to retake I didn't think the first score was up to my potential and also that I probably did better on practice exams.

I'm not too worried about the cancellation, but I am shooting pretty high this cycle. I'd appreciate any and all thoughts fellow posters may have. Thanks!

St.Remy

Re: good score + cancel

Postby St.Remy » Fri Sep 10, 2010 12:27 pm

dbrddr wrote:Hi all, I received a 172 in Feb. Retook in June, blew a logic game, and had to cancel. Will schools care at all about the cancellation since I'd already done well on my first sitting? IMO, it should seem obvious that in deciding to retake I didn't think the first score was up to my potential and also that I probably did better on practice exams.

I'm not too worried about the cancellation, but I am shooting pretty high this cycle. I'd appreciate any and all thoughts fellow posters may have. Thanks!

I don't imagine that any school would care that much, especially when you have such a desirable LSAT score to work with. At worst some people might see it and wonder why you would even bother taking it again, at which point they would probably reach the conclusion that you mentioned. Good luck with your cycle.

whymeohgodno

Re: good score + cancel

Postby whymeohgodno » Fri Sep 10, 2010 12:47 pm

St.Remy wrote:
dbrddr wrote:Hi all, I received a 172 in Feb. Retook in June, blew a logic game, and had to cancel. Will schools care at all about the cancellation since I'd already done well on my first sitting? IMO, it should seem obvious that in deciding to retake I didn't think the first score was up to my potential and also that I probably did better on practice exams.

I don't imagine that any school would care that much, especially when you have such a desirable LSAT score to work with. At worst some people might see it and wonder why you would even bother taking it again, at which point they would probably reach the conclusion that you mentioned. Good luck with your cycle.

Don't think the cancellation would hurt you. But it definitely won't help you if you think schools will think that you haven't hit your potential with the 172.

Return to “What are my chances?”