Chance me

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
LegalImage

Chance me

Postby LegalImage » Thu Sep 09, 2010 12:08 pm

Couple of weeks ago i posted a topic under "Vietnamese chances" and the discussion kind of went off topic due to a few rude posters. Anyhow, here's an update and hopefully this time i can get some real honest opinions.

The 134 diagnostic test was taken in April. I've been studying since and the last time i took it was this past saturday is a 145. Not a great score but a big improvement +11. I know i can get it into the mid 150s from now until the October test. I'm going to prep w/ Powerscore starting today. So if i don't do well on the October exam, i will try it again in December.

Great Softs- Military veteran. Interned w/ a law firm which turned into a full-time position since the beginning of this year. LORs from my attorneys and my senior thesis committee. PS is excellent, according to my attorneys. However, GPA isn't that great (3.15).

That being said, what are my chances at Pitt and Indiana?

Thanks.

Teoeo

Re: Chance me

Postby Teoeo » Thu Sep 09, 2010 12:15 pm

Sorry, but you have pretty much no chance at those schools with a mid 150 score.

Edit: for IUB that is, you have a shot at IU at Indianapolis.

St.Remy

Postby St.Remy » Thu Sep 09, 2010 12:31 pm

LegalImage wrote: That being said, what are my chances at Pitt and Indiana?

Thanks.

You'll need at least a 158 for Pitt and Indiana-Indianapolis and at least a 164 for a shot at Indiana Bloomington. Either of those scores are a long cry from 145.

Patriot1208

Postby Patriot1208 » Thu Sep 09, 2010 3:19 pm

Unless your LSAT improves vastly, you aren't getting into any law school except ones where no one gets employed. Your GPA is bad, your LSAT is worse, and your softs are very average. Even if your LSAT does improve to 155 or whatever, you'll want to think twice about law school as you are very likely to to end up unemployed and in a lot of debt.

Pip

Postby Pip » Thu Sep 09, 2010 5:41 pm

LegalImage wrote:Couple of weeks ago i posted a topic under "Vietnamese chances" and the discussion kind of went off topic due to a few rude posters. Anyhow, here's an update and hopefully this time i can get some real honest opinions.

The 134 diagnostic test was taken in April. I've been studying since and the last time i took it was this past saturday is a 145. Not a great score but a big improvement +11. I know i can get it into the mid 150s from now until the October test. I'm going to prep w/ Powerscore starting today. So if i don't do well on the October exam, i will try it again in December.

Great Softs- Military veteran. Interned w/ a law firm which turned into a full-time position since the beginning of this year. LORs from my attorneys and my senior thesis committee. PS is excellent, according to my attorneys. However, GPA isn't that great (3.15).

That being said, what are my chances at Pitt and Indiana?

Thanks.

Before I poop on your parade... do you have anything else that could boost you? I mean did you at least have a very tough major at a very tough school? That might help a little... but by the fact that you are talking about posting Vietnamese I assume you might be asian... as such I would say you can't get a boost from putting asian on the applications because Asians don't tend to be considered to be disadvantaged test wise so I wouldn't expect any school to give you a points boost from your race.... so it really comes down to numbers. The numbers aren't that good and your softs are nothing to scream about. You will likely find lots of military vets applying to the same law schools as you and chances are there are some with better numbers.

bk1

Postby bk1 » Thu Sep 09, 2010 5:43 pm

Pip wrote:Before I poop on your parade... do you have anything else that could boost you? I mean did you at least have a very tough major at a very tough school? That might help a little... but by the fact that you are talking about posting Vietnamese I assume you might be asian... as such I would say you can't get a boost from putting asian on the applications because Asians don't tend to be considered to be disadvantaged test wise so I wouldn't expect any school to give you a points boost from your race.... so it really comes down to numbers. The numbers aren't that good and your softs are nothing to scream about. You will likely find lots of military vets applying to the same law schools as you and chances are there are some with better numbers.

I really don't understand why this guy is allowed to troll so freely.

Pip

Postby Pip » Thu Sep 09, 2010 7:36 pm

bk1 wrote:
Pip wrote:Before I poop on your parade... do you have anything else that could boost you? I mean did you at least have a very tough major at a very tough school? That might help a little... but by the fact that you are talking about posting Vietnamese I assume you might be asian... as such I would say you can't get a boost from putting asian on the applications because Asians don't tend to be considered to be disadvantaged test wise so I wouldn't expect any school to give you a points boost from your race.... so it really comes down to numbers. The numbers aren't that good and your softs are nothing to scream about. You will likely find lots of military vets applying to the same law schools as you and chances are there are some with better numbers.

Ah... I love the word "troll".. its such the "N" word for people that don't like free speech.

If someone ask for an opinion they need to be ready for them... this isn't public school where everyone makes sure everyone feels good.

bk1

Postby bk1 » Thu Sep 09, 2010 7:41 pm

Pip wrote:Ah... I love the word "troll".. its such the "N" word for people that don't like free speech.

If someone ask for an opinion they need to be ready for them... this isn't public school where everyone makes sure everyone feels good.

This is an internet board. It can ban you if it feels like. There is no such thing as free speech here.

If someone posts something asinine and stupid, they need to be ready for responses telling them that.

whymeohgodno

Postby whymeohgodno » Thu Sep 09, 2010 7:44 pm

Pip wrote:
bk1 wrote:

Ah... I love the word "troll".. its such the "N" word for people that don't like free speech.

????? People always took my lunch money and gave me wedgies in my public school.

hijodehombre

Postby hijodehombre » Thu Sep 09, 2010 7:53 pm

2nd time OP's thread goes astray

LegalImage

Postby LegalImage » Fri Sep 10, 2010 11:56 am

Tell me about it!

Return to “What are my chances?”