work experience, splitter, suggestions?

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!

work experience, splitter, suggestions?

Postby raribaudo » Tue Sep 07, 2010 7:26 pm

First of all I would like to thank anyone that responds to my post, it is appreciated.

I graduated with a BA from the University of New Hampshire with a 2.77. I have not taken the formal LSAT. I have taken multiple strictly timed practice LSAT's, and generally score in the 162-168 area (I know nothing is a substitute for the real deal, but just for argument sake). I've been employed as a litigation paralegal for the past 4 years with a reputable small NH law firm. Two of the directors there have already agreed to write me LOR, and I have no doubt they will be outstanding. Any suggestions for attainable law schools? Once again thank you to all who take the time to respond.

PS - I've heard schools in the third tier refered to as "trash threes" or "toilet threes", yet my boss graduated from Franklin Pierce (now UNH Law), a T3, and is quite brilliant/ doing well for himself. Are T3's really as bad as people make them out to be, or can you attend one of these schools, graduate near the top of your class, and have good employment prospects? Is my boss an anomaly?

PPS - I'm thinking of starting my personal statement by quoting the scene in "Philidelphia" where Denzel Washington ask Tom Hanks "What makes you a good lawyer?" to which Hanks replys "Because I love the law." In your opinion is this endearing / clever, or tacky / cliche.

Re: work experience, splitter, suggestions?

Postby whymeohgodno » Tue Sep 07, 2010 7:28 pm

Going to a TTT in this economy is drastically different from the economy that your boss went to law school in.

Re: work experience, splitter, suggestions?

Postby CanadianWolf » Tue Sep 07, 2010 8:15 pm

If you have an entreprenurial spirit, then tier three law schools are fine for self employment or office sharing arrangements or small firms in non-major markets.

Return to “What are my chances?”