LSAT needed for UCLA (ED), 3.90 GPA Non-traditional, 4yrs WE

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
NYCgator
Posts: 14
Joined: Wed May 12, 2010 2:09 pm

LSAT needed for UCLA (ED), 3.90 GPA Non-traditional, 4yrs WE

Postby NYCgator » Tue Sep 07, 2010 2:23 pm

I am taking the october LSAT and curious to know what I need in order to get into UCLA. I will be applying ED, and I consider myslef to be a non-traditional applicant since I have 4 years of work experience in finance/banking. Also, I am not technically a URM, but I am hispanic (born in uruguay). Not sure how much of a bump these 2 qualities will actually give me.

Also, I will be applying to USD, Pepperdine, USC, Loyola. Any insight on what lsat I need for these additional schools would be much appreciated.

User avatar
bk1
Posts: 18402
Joined: Sun Mar 14, 2010 7:06 pm

Re: LSAT needed for UCLA (ED), 3.90 GPA Non-traditional, 4yrs WE

Postby bk1 » Tue Sep 07, 2010 2:52 pm

Not sure about ED, but looking at LSN, 169+ looks like in, 168-165 looks like WL, 164- looks like reject.

dissonance1848
Posts: 706
Joined: Fri Aug 20, 2010 4:42 pm

Re: LSAT needed for UCLA (ED), 3.90 GPA Non-traditional, 4yrs WE

Postby dissonance1848 » Tue Sep 07, 2010 3:01 pm

Your GPA is probably around UCLA's 75%. If you can hit 169-170, which is LSAT 75%, you are auto admit. You hit 168 median, very strong chance, probably in with ED (though no scholly likely). You get 165-167, 25%-50%, most likely WL, even with ED.

Given 4 WE, you should try to hit 170 + and look at NU, which loves WE.

DMXdawg
Posts: 90
Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2010 3:18 pm

Re: LSAT needed for UCLA (ED), 3.90 GPA Non-traditional, 4yrs WE

Postby DMXdawg » Tue Sep 07, 2010 5:05 pm

Why not aim as high as you can and get even a chance to get a scholarship to go to UCLA, if you want to go there.

User avatar
beachbum
Posts: 2766
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:35 pm

Re: LSAT needed for UCLA (ED), 3.90 GPA Non-traditional, 4yrs WE

Postby beachbum » Tue Sep 07, 2010 5:13 pm

dissonance1848 wrote:Your GPA is probably around UCLA's 75%. If you can hit 169-170, which is LSAT 75%, you are auto admit. You hit 168 median, very strong chance, probably in with ED (though no scholly likely). You get 165-167, 25%-50%, most likely WL, even with ED.

Given 4 WE, you should try to hit 170 + and look at NU, which loves WE.


Nope. Based on the OP's app list, it's a far assumption to say that he wants to stay in Cali. And it seems to me that Berkelely would be a far better option than Northwestern- if the OP is inclined towards the T14. I say just shoot for a 170+ and apply RD to both UCLA and Boalt. Michigan might be another good option.

NYCgator
Posts: 14
Joined: Wed May 12, 2010 2:09 pm

Re: LSAT needed for UCLA (ED), 3.90 GPA Non-traditional, 4yrs WE

Postby NYCgator » Tue Sep 07, 2010 5:34 pm

I have historically not performed well on standardized tests and they surely do not represent my performance in college (scored an 1130 on my sat, but was at the top of my class in college). That being said, I also work M-F and realistically do not see myself scoring at or near 170.




Return to “What are my chances?”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests