168 3.7 Reaches

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
Lawquacious

Re: 168 3.7 Reaches

Postby Lawquacious » Sat Sep 04, 2010 8:55 pm

I do think (especially with help of pointed criticism lol) that OP is probably just below thresholds for all the schools mentioned, though I still think if OP applied to all with current numbers it would not be shocking if she did get into one of them.

In terms of the 'odds' point Romo makes about the actual outcome having no bearing on the validity of a prediction, that does make sense, at least where odds are mathematically or abstractly calculated (which they are not in this case- they are inductively calculated through anecdotal evidence best I can tell). The point may be equally legitimate when guessing 'odds' in this context, though I am still inclined to believe that the actual result of a prediction in terms of accuracy does have some bearing on the value of the given prediction.

In terms of the claim that two of my sentences (in combination) were 'atrociously silly,' well, you're entitled to your opinion; I suppose it's not worth arguing it further, though I will say that I think your conclusion is less than self-evident. To say that OP has some reasonable shot at GMPVB, and to also say that OP's shot at Cornell will not be categorically different (at least from her shot at G was my contention) may be somewhat inaccurate, but I don't think either of these ideas alone or in combination are patently ridiculous.
Last edited by Lawquacious on Mon Sep 06, 2010 10:14 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Lawquacious

Postby Lawquacious » Sat Sep 04, 2010 9:00 pm

Also, my apologies to "CG614".. I didn't notice in your x-out of my post that you did highlight the fact of G-town having more emphasis on LSAT than Cornell as being a legitimate factor..

Regardless, I was too harsh with you previously and apologize. I can get rather defensive and have a habit of sometimes doing my best to defend a losing argument.. In any case, no offense intended to anyone, and hope my posts are not distracting or misleading for OP.

JohnBoy

Postby JohnBoy » Sat Sep 04, 2010 9:08 pm

So the difference between a 168/3.7 and a 170/3.7 is enough for some of the schools OP listed?

romothesavior

Postby romothesavior » Sat Sep 04, 2010 9:13 pm

JohnBoy wrote:So the difference between a 168/3.7 and a 170/3.7 is enough for some of the schools OP listed?

Yes. It is a world of difference, and I know from firsthand experience.

Return to “What are my chances?”