Just took first practice LSAT.

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
poozer

Just took first practice LSAT.

Postby poozer » Thu Sep 02, 2010 7:21 pm

Got a 167. I'm a freshman in college and not really even sure if I want to go to law school, or what constitutes a "good" score. Anyways, assuming I can improve it a little bit with subsequent tests, would I be competitive?

St.Remy

Re: Just took first practice LSAT.

Postby St.Remy » Thu Sep 02, 2010 7:32 pm

poozer wrote:Got a 167. I'm a freshman in college and not really even sure if I want to go to law school, or what constitutes a "good" score. Anyways, assuming I can improve it a little bit with subsequent tests, would I be competitive?

On my first practice test I scored pretty close to what you scored, and with practice I got my score up into the mid 170s (very competitive). Even your score as it stands is very strong, and I'm sure that with prep you can raise it substantially and get a top 1% score. This will give you a good shot at all the top schools.

Keep your GPA up and you will likely get into a very good law school. Whether law school is something you want to commit to is another matter entirely.

poozer

Postby poozer » Thu Sep 02, 2010 8:10 pm

Good to know thanks.

trudat15

Postby trudat15 » Thu Sep 02, 2010 8:42 pm

poozer wrote:Good to know thanks.

You have plenty of time. Since you are a freshman, BE SURE TO KEEP YOUR GRADES UP. You dont want to be in splitter uncertainty hell like a lot of us are in. Judging by your first LSAT you'll be fine on getting a decent, if not great, score. You'll be competitive. Make sure you keep your GPA up and enjoy a top school. If you end up going to law school that is.

I thought I didnt want to go to grad school when I was in college and certainly regret it now. If you decide to apply, do whatever they like while you are in school. Take on leadership positions, get to know professors and get stellar LORs, volunteer, etc.
It will be worth it in the end.

cavebat2000

Postby cavebat2000 » Thu Sep 02, 2010 8:56 pm

poozer wrote:Got a 167. I'm a freshman in college and not really even sure if I want to go to law school, or what constitutes a "good" score. Anyways, assuming I can improve it a little bit with subsequent tests, would I be competitive?

Forget about the LSAT for at least 2 years while you get a 4.0. Get a 170+ your junior year. Apply to HYS. Profit.

Knock

Postby Knock » Thu Sep 02, 2010 8:58 pm

trudat15 wrote:
poozer wrote:Good to know thanks.

You have plenty of time. Since you are a freshman, BE SURE TO KEEP YOUR GRADES UP. You dont want to be in splitter uncertainty hell like a lot of us are in. Judging by your first LSAT you'll be fine on getting a decent, if not great, score. You'll be competitive. Make sure you keep your GPA up and enjoy a top school. If you end up going to law school that is.

I thought I didnt want to go to grad school when I was in college and certainly regret it now. If you decide to apply, do whatever they like while you are in school. Take on leadership positions, get to know professors and get stellar LORs, volunteer, etc.
It will be worth it in the end.

cavebat2000 wrote:Forget about the LSAT for at least 2 years while you get a 4.0. Get a 170+ your junior year. Apply to HYS. Profit.

This.

Postby 2014 » Thu Sep 02, 2010 11:38 pm

Have fun in college, get good grades, worry about Law school in 2 and a half years when you start to prep for the June LSAT between your Junior and Senior years.

Return to “What are my chances?”