Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
egeffin

Postby egeffin » Wed Sep 01, 2010 4:09 pm

Last edited by egeffin on Sun Nov 21, 2010 12:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

St.Remy

Re: Disciplinary Action

Postby St.Remy » Wed Sep 01, 2010 4:13 pm

It probably won't matter much. You could write an addendum but all that would probably accomplish is drawing even more attention to the issue. Nobody who reads your app is going to be under the impression that there is no underage drinking in college.

bk1

Postby bk1 » Wed Sep 01, 2010 4:17 pm

Don't most schools require an addendum for this sort of thing? If so, disclose honestly and say that you learned from the experience and it never happened again.

The only things that can truly mitigate it are your GPA/LSAT. Other than that you have to accept that it may slightly hurt you.

egeffin

Postby egeffin » Wed Sep 01, 2010 4:20 pm

St.Remy wrote:It probably won't matter much. You could write an addendum but all that would probably accomplish is drawing even more attention to the issue. Nobody who reads your app is going to be under the impression that there is no underage drinking in college.

That true, but my transcript doesn't say what the disciplinary action was for. It just says that I was placed on "strict disciplinary probation" for my freshman year.

Bert

Postby Bert » Wed Sep 01, 2010 4:29 pm

I think you should take the opportunity in the applicable section of your law school applications to address this issue, but very briefly and definitely don't dwell on it. Somebody looking at your transcript who sees "Strict Disciplinary Probation" could think a ton of things (i.e. honor code violation, caught cheating on a final), but if you were to clarify that it meant "underage drinking in the dorms" (for example), it sounds less bad.

Sandro

Postby Sandro » Wed Sep 08, 2010 1:47 am

Return to “What are my chances?”