South Carolina

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
scgirl

South Carolina

Postby scgirl » Wed Sep 01, 2010 9:41 am

LSAC GPA- 3.51
LSAT- 162 (thinking about retaking... had been practicing 170 +...had issues leading up to test and on test day)
2 yrs out of school
small business owner
work experience during college
undergrad at SC
SC resident
LOR- one should be pretty good, one... idk

Anyone want to take a shot at my chances? I'd really like to stay in this black hole we call South Carolina. :)

Thanks in advance!

St.Remy

Re: South Carolina

Postby St.Remy » Wed Sep 01, 2010 2:02 pm

You should be golden for South Carolina with an above median GPA and an LSAT higher than the 75th percentile. If you are really practicing at the 170+ level though I highly encourage a retake: if you decide to limit yourself to South Carolina a score like that would guarantee you a nice scholarship, and that score would also make many t14s a possibility. Even with your numbers as they are now you could get into a better school than South Carolina, but if you're set on staying in the state then you should have nothing to worry about.

CanadianWolf

Postby CanadianWolf » Wed Sep 01, 2010 2:14 pm

In with scholarship money.

scgirl

Postby scgirl » Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:45 am

Also, would a particularly bad grade (c) in a Constitutional Law class kill my chances?

Thanks for the replies!

bk1

Postby bk1 » Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:51 am

No. They care only about your LSAC GPA, they won't give a damn about a single grade in any class you took.

12AngryMen

Postby 12AngryMen » Thu Sep 02, 2010 5:00 am

scgirl wrote:Also, would a particularly bad grade (c) in a Constitutional Law class kill my chances?

Thanks for the replies!

Yah it probably will. AdCommies will see it as un ability to comprehend law and Con Law is the most interesting easy to understand law in existance. They look at all sort of things and ability and definitely in easy classes is one of them things.

Return to “What are my chances?”