167/3.67; Looking for Dog-friendly campuses/locations!

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
paratactical

Re: 167/3.67; Looking for Dog-friendly campuses/locations!

Postby paratactical » Thu Sep 16, 2010 2:43 pm

Holly Golightly wrote:
Bosque wrote:
dominkay wrote:I am the only person who thinks your pets shouldn't be a major factor in where you decide to go to law school?

At the OP's stat level.... yes it kind of should be. Because where she goes to law school is likely going to be where she ends up practicing. If dogs are a big part of her life, she would be foolish to get locked into a city where she cannot have a dog.

But what major (and even mid-sized) cities AREN'T dog-friendly?

It would be terribly difficult to find housing in NYC that would take a big dog like that. You would have to pay a fuckload more for the apartment and it would be a lot harder to find. And I don't think that's just the case in NYC. In Boston, SF and NOLA, I have known people that had huge problems finding a place to live because of their dog. They had to live outside of the city (ie NJ for NYC or too far off the subway in Boston to use it regularly, requiring a car).

ArchRoark

Re: 167/3.67; Looking for Dog-friendly campuses/locations!

Postby ArchRoark » Thu Sep 16, 2010 3:32 pm

dominkay wrote:I am the only person who thinks your pets shouldn't be a major factor in where you decide to go to law school?

What do you do? Just get rid of them? I have had my dog for 5years and he is pretty much family. IMHO it would be irresponsible to not include that in your decision making process.

If anyone has any questions about Austin's "dog friendly-ness" feel free to ask.

Return to “What are my chances?”