Thought I'd give this a try

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
pu_golf88

Thought I'd give this a try

Postby pu_golf88 » Sun Aug 29, 2010 8:51 pm

LSAC hasn't finished calculating my GPA yet, but it's probably going to be about 2.85-2.9. Took the LSAT in June and got a 165. I'm retaking in October hoping for a 170+, but I thought I'd see what my current chances were at a couple schools.

GW (Part-time?)
IU-B
WUSTL
Illinois
Any others I should take a look at?

jarofsoup

Re: Thought I'd give this a try

Postby jarofsoup » Sun Aug 29, 2010 8:57 pm

pu_golf88 wrote:LSAC hasn't finished calculating my GPA yet, but it's probably going to be about 2.85-2.9. Took the LSAT in June and got a 165. I'm retaking in October hoping for a 170+, but I thought I'd see what my current chances were at a couple schools.

GW (Part-time?)
IU-B
WUSTL
Illinois

GWU is going to be hard with a low GPA unless you are a science major. I toured GWU and they said that their part time stats are starting to be identical to their full time..scary... I dont know about the rest. I think you have a good shot at IU-B and Illinois...

But if you are a science major, its a different ball park from what I have seen on here. 2.9 for engineers is a good GPA isen't it?

Grizz

Postby Grizz » Sun Aug 29, 2010 9:00 pm

Probably in at IU-B. WL/Out at the others.

Just look at Law School Numbers.

pu_golf88

Postby pu_golf88 » Sun Aug 29, 2010 9:01 pm

jarofsoup wrote:
pu_golf88 wrote:LSAC hasn't finished calculating my GPA yet, but it's probably going to be about 2.85-2.9. Took the LSAT in June and got a 165. I'm retaking in October hoping for a 170+, but I thought I'd see what my current chances were at a couple schools.

GW (Part-time?)
IU-B
WUSTL
Illinois

GWU is going to be hard with a low GPA unless you are a science major. I toured GWU and they said that their part time stats are starting to be identical to their full time..scary... I dont know about the rest. I think you have a good shot at IU-B and Illinois...

But if you are a science major, its a different ball park from what I have seen on here. 2.9 for engineers is a good GPA isen't it?

Well I am an engineer so that works out nicely. My GPA isn't great compared the my graduating class, but good enough that I know I'm going to have at least one offer when I graduate in December (the place I've been interning at).

Another things I'm trying to decide is whether or not I should push my retake to December. I know applying early is key, but I haven't started studying again since the June test.

pu_golf88

Postby pu_golf88 » Tue Aug 31, 2010 9:22 pm

Okay didn't feel like making another thread for this, but I wanted some opinions on an idea. Since I haven't started re-studying again, do you think it would be best to just push my date and retake in February or June and put law school on hold for another year. In this time I'd gain some engineering work experience and I wouldn't have the excuse of school to not study.

NU_Jet55

Postby NU_Jet55 » Tue Aug 31, 2010 9:29 pm

pu_golf88 wrote:Okay didn't feel like making another thread for this, but I wanted some opinions on an idea. Since I haven't started re-studying again, do you think it would be best to just push my date and retake in February or June and put law school on hold for another year. In this time I'd gain some engineering work experience and I wouldn't have the excuse of school to not study.

Just sounds to me like you're just being lazy now, and you won't get into gw Or WUSTL with those #'s. You're an auto reject at both unless you up your lsat at least to a 167. Even then you're borderline.

paratactical

Postby paratactical » Tue Aug 31, 2010 9:36 pm

Last edited by paratactical on Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CCoolidge

Postby CCoolidge » Tue Aug 31, 2010 9:37 pm

Boiler the fuck up!

Postby 09042014 » Tue Aug 31, 2010 9:39 pm

pu_golf88 wrote:Okay didn't feel like making another thread for this, but I wanted some opinions on an idea. Since I haven't started re-studying again, do you think it would be best to just push my date and retake in February or June and put law school on hold for another year. In this time I'd gain some engineering work experience and I wouldn't have the excuse of school to not study.

You got a month. Take a PT once a day. Keep working in engineering until you really want to go to law school.

pu_golf88

Postby pu_golf88 » Tue Aug 31, 2010 10:23 pm

Desert Fox wrote:

You got a month. Take a PT once a day. Keep working in engineering until you really want to go to law school.

Well the problem I'm facing is that this will be my third try (cancelled the first), so it's do or die.

pu_golf88

Postby pu_golf88 » Tue Aug 31, 2010 10:27 pm

paratactical wrote:

Are you at all interested in IP?

If you are, it might be worth thinking about finding somewhere to work for 2 years (shows commitment, but not an unbearable wait) and get experience. Take the LSAT when you can and apply with serious professional recommendations. I know that the IP group I work with is V50 and almost entirely comprised of attorneys who worked at sciency shit for a few years before law skool. Feel free to PM me if you want more details on the firm.

Thanks Para, sending you a PM now.

Return to “What are my chances?”