School List

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
dukivich10

School List

Postby dukivich10 » Fri Aug 27, 2010 7:30 pm

So I would like some opinions on my list. Numbers: 159, 3.56. I have been blessed w generous parents so debt will not be a huge factor. I am a FL resident. Although I will be straight outa UG, I have plenty of internship/practical WE. All apps will be in asap.

Safeties
Liberty
Samford (fee waiver)
Stetson

Targets
UF
FSU
UM (fee waiver)
Stetson (fee waiver)

Reaches
Wake (fee waiver)
George Mason (Chances w ED)

I feel like I could use some more schools on my list. As you can tell, I favor the southeast, so any other suggestions would be appreciated. Also, some general "you have _____ % chance" would be nice. Thank you fellow obsessors...

dukivich10

Re: School List

Postby dukivich10 » Sat Aug 28, 2010 1:15 am

Wow...I appreciate the feedback...

dabbadon8

Postby dabbadon8 » Sat Aug 28, 2010 1:24 am

dukivich10 wrote:Wow...I appreciate the feedback...

You are maybe in at UM and stetson, none of your other targets. Do you have connections to get a job? Other wise retake for sure.

dukivich10

Postby dukivich10 » Sat Aug 28, 2010 1:33 am

ya i have quite a few....why would u say maybe in at those two...im flirting with or above there 75ths w merit fee waivers from both....

MrKappus

Postby MrKappus » Sat Aug 28, 2010 1:46 am

You need to retake the LSAT. You should also consider taking some time off. See if your generous parents will help get you set up somewhere where you can find a job and get at least 1 year (preferably 2) of WE. It will: (a) cushion your GPA, which is not bad but not awesome; (b) give you something to talk about in interviews other than "internships," about which legal employers usually don't care; and (c) provide some real life experience and make you appreciate school more (and thereby work harder + get better grades).

Edit: Also, more to the point of your post...some your "targets" are not realistic targets (e.g., UF's medians are 3.67/162; FSU 3.5ish/162).

Return to “What are my chances?”