A shot at Fordham/Cardozo??? - UG GPA 2.5 Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
shoopoonk

New

A shot at Fordham/Cardozo??? - UG GPA 2.5

Post by shoopoonk » Thu Aug 26, 2010 12:04 pm

Hello all. This is my first time so go easy on me.

My undergrad GPA is crap, 2.5 @ 130 credits, while grad gpa is 3.9 @ 32 credits.

Does this factor into the selection process or law schools only look at undergrad gpa?

Also, do I have a shot at getting into Fordham/Cardozo part-time & night program with above GPA. I haven't taken LSAT yet but I don't want to waste time, effort, and money without even a slim chance. I did the LSAC calculation and it seems like my chances are pretty bad even with LSAT score of 170.

Lastly, do law schools consider work experience? I been working for close to 10 years with pretty good companies as a tax accountant/CPA.

Thanks in advance and any advice would be appreciated.

Columbia Law

Bronze

Re: A shot at Fordham/Cardozo??? - UG GPA 2.5

Post by Columbia Law » Thu Aug 26, 2010 12:08 pm

Sorry about your terrible GPA. Fordham is probably out the window. I know a few people with 3.9/165 who were waitlisted/withdrew for the part time program. Tough program to get in these days.

lawschool2014

New

Post by lawschool2014 » Thu Aug 26, 2010 12:09 pm

Maybe Cardozo would make you pay sticker if you get a 170. However, your chances with $$$ at a non toilet law school are fairly slim. Fordham is unlikely, but maybe they will allow you into their part time program with a 170+ Lsat.

You will have a shot at adequate schools (ranked 30-55) with a score of 169 or better, so you better study.

Good luck. Its totally possible, but you must do a cost benefit analysis before shelling out over 150k for a non t14

Platinum

Post by 2014 » Thu Aug 26, 2010 6:13 pm

If you score in the 170's, as in 175+ and ED to Northwestern, I honestly think you would have a fair chance of getting in. They took some 2.7x's last year which do no more for their GPA #'s than your 2.5 would. With 10 years full time work experience you should be far separated from your GPA.

Anyway your goal has to be to kill the LSAT. If you get 170+ I imagine Fordham, Cardozo, or a peer school would give you a shot to pay sticker.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “What are my chances?”