Penn State and UMiami

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
am060459
Posts: 609
Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2009 12:14 am

Penn State and UMiami

Postby am060459 » Sun Aug 22, 2010 6:24 pm

3.24 159
non-urm
decent work/internship/volunteer experiences

looking for Business Law and dont mind to much about being restricted into a geographical region

Kafka
Posts: 62
Joined: Mon Aug 16, 2010 1:48 am

Re: Penn State and UMiami

Postby Kafka » Sun Aug 22, 2010 8:38 pm

Penn State has a great law school. They are big on the whole interdisciplinary thing. You can actually take classes at their business school, Wharton, and get a certificate!

Good luck.

Lady Finch
Posts: 44
Joined: Wed Aug 18, 2010 6:22 pm

Re: Penn State and UMiami

Postby Lady Finch » Sun Aug 22, 2010 8:44 pm

Kafka wrote:Penn State has a great law school. They are big on the whole interdisciplinary thing. You can actually take classes at their business school, Wharton, and get a certificate!

Good luck.


I second this. I am a 1L at Penn State so if you have any questions feel free to send me a message.

jaydizzle
Posts: 714
Joined: Sat Jan 17, 2009 6:28 pm

Re: Penn State and UMiami

Postby jaydizzle » Sun Aug 22, 2010 8:49 pm

Lady Finch wrote:
Kafka wrote:Penn State has a great law school. They are big on the whole interdisciplinary thing. You can actually take classes at their business school, Wharton, and get a certificate!

Good luck.


I second this. I am a 1L at Penn State so if you have any questions feel free to send me a message.


Hmm, who knew that Wharton was part of Penn State. I always thought it was part of UPENN. Silly me, I must be confusing these two state schools. :lol:

Curry

Re: Penn State and UMiami

Postby Curry » Sun Aug 22, 2010 8:51 pm

Wharton is a part of University of Pennsylvania... I don't know what the Penn State B school is but its definitely NOT THE Wharton.

jaydizzle
Posts: 714
Joined: Sat Jan 17, 2009 6:28 pm

Re: Penn State and UMiami

Postby jaydizzle » Sun Aug 22, 2010 8:56 pm

curryinaninstant wrote:Wharton is a part of University of Pennsylvania... I don't know what the Penn State B school is but its definitely NOT THE Wharton.


I'm pretty sure everyone knows that if they have researched colleges before.

To the OP: I think you have a decent shot at both schools, but check out lawschoolnumbers or lawschoolpredictor

am060459
Posts: 609
Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2009 12:14 am

Re: Penn State and UMiami

Postby am060459 » Sun Aug 22, 2010 10:06 pm

jaydizzle wrote:
curryinaninstant wrote:Wharton is a part of University of Pennsylvania... I don't know what the Penn State B school is but its definitely NOT THE Wharton.


I'm pretty sure everyone knows that if they have researched colleges before.

To the OP: I think you have a decent shot at both schools, but check out lawschoolnumbers or lawschoolpredictor


thanks.

yea you should know the difference between the two schools.

im retaking in october but dont know if i can do better as i think ive peaked at 159. i think it will be luck of draw for me to score 160-161.

User avatar
Grizz
Posts: 10583
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:31 pm

Re: Penn State and UMiami

Postby Grizz » Sun Aug 22, 2010 10:54 pm

Don't go to Miami unless you get something approximating full tuition.

Also, retake LSAT.

User avatar
Veyron
Posts: 3598
Joined: Fri Jan 08, 2010 3:50 am

Re: Penn State and UMiami

Postby Veyron » Sun Aug 22, 2010 11:05 pm

[/quote]

Hmm, who knew that Wharton was part of Penn State. I always thought it was part of UPENN. Silly me, I must be confusing these two state schools. :lol:[/quote]

Wut, you mean I got into the IVY LEAGUE one. Damn, I must be smarter than I thought! Shit, does this mean that I have to change my plane ticket to fly into Philadelphia? SWeet!

lawschool2014
Posts: 92
Joined: Tue Aug 03, 2010 2:20 pm

Re: Penn State and UMiami

Postby lawschool2014 » Sun Aug 22, 2010 11:11 pm

I would advise against both of those schools. They are diploma mills with very bad career prospects. If you can't break 163, re consider law school.

Also, Whartan is not part of Penn State

User avatar
Veyron
Posts: 3598
Joined: Fri Jan 08, 2010 3:50 am

Re: Penn State and UMiami

Postby Veyron » Sun Aug 22, 2010 11:12 pm

lawschool2014 wrote:I would advise against both of those schools. They are diploma mills with very bad career prospects. If you can't break 163, re consider law school.

Also, Whartan is not part of Penn State


WhartAn is not a part of UPenn either. By the way, Penn is not a diploma mill its IVY LEAGUE! Keep talking that shit and JOE PA going to sit on yo' face!

lawschool2014 wrote:I would advise against both of those schools. They are diploma mills with very bad career prospects. If you can't break 163 170, re consider law school.


FTFY!
Last edited by Veyron on Sun Aug 22, 2010 11:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cartercl
Posts: 454
Joined: Wed Apr 01, 2009 1:08 am

Re: Penn State and UMiami

Postby cartercl » Sun Aug 22, 2010 11:17 pm

lawschool2014 wrote:I would advise against both of those schools. They are diploma mills with very bad career prospects. If you can't break 163, re consider law school.

Also, Whartan is not part of Penn State


dukelawguy... is that you?

Kafka
Posts: 62
Joined: Mon Aug 16, 2010 1:48 am

Re: Penn State and UMiami

Postby Kafka » Mon Aug 23, 2010 12:25 am

.
Last edited by Kafka on Sat Jul 28, 2012 3:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Barbie
Posts: 3746
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:51 pm

Re: Penn State and UMiami

Postby Barbie » Mon Aug 23, 2010 12:27 am

lawschool2014 wrote:I would advise against both of those schools. They are diploma mills with very bad career prospects. If you can't break 163, re consider law school.

Also, Whartan is not part of Penn State


You are still trolling around giving unwanted advice :(

User avatar
Grizz
Posts: 10583
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:31 pm

Re: Penn State and UMiami

Postby Grizz » Mon Aug 23, 2010 12:34 am

Barbie wrote:
lawschool2014 wrote:I would advise against both of those schools. They are diploma mills with very bad career prospects. If you can't break 163, re consider law school.

Also, Whartan is not part of Penn State


You are still trolling around giving unwanted advice :(


Retake LSAT.

User avatar
Barbie
Posts: 3746
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:51 pm

Re: Penn State and UMiami

Postby Barbie » Mon Aug 23, 2010 12:35 am

rad law wrote:
Barbie wrote:
lawschool2014 wrote:I would advise against both of those schools. They are diploma mills with very bad career prospects. If you can't break 163, re consider law school.

Also, Whartan is not part of Penn State


You are still trolling around giving unwanted advice :(


Retake LSAT.


Who are you talking to???
I'm watching legally blonde and she JUST got her 179. Ughhhh.

LS-Hopeful
Posts: 35
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2010 4:00 am

Re: Penn State and UMiami

Postby LS-Hopeful » Mon Aug 23, 2010 2:09 am

Kafka wrote:Penn State has a great law school. They are big on the whole interdisciplinary thing. You can actually take classes at their business school, Wharton, and get a certificate!

Good luck.



Wharton is @ the University of Pennsylvania.

GettingReady2010
Posts: 426
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2010 5:40 pm

Re: Penn State and UMiami

Postby GettingReady2010 » Wed Aug 25, 2010 11:17 pm

lawschool2014 wrote:I would advise against both of those schools. They are diploma mills with very bad career prospects. If you can't break 163, re consider law school.

Also, Whartan is not part of Penn State


LOL. I have to assume that this person got a 163 on the LSAT.

User avatar
Spinozist21
Posts: 522
Joined: Fri Mar 26, 2010 11:23 am

Re: Penn State and UMiami

Postby Spinozist21 » Wed Aug 25, 2010 11:26 pm

am060459 wrote:3.24 159
non-urm
decent work/internship/volunteer experiences

looking for Business Law and dont mind to much about being restricted into a geographical region


You really should plan to retake that LSAT :wink: :lol:

Anyways, you should be good at both schools. Penn State is a good school, do you have a campus preference?

Burger in a can
Posts: 1116
Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2009 11:21 pm

Re: Penn State and UMiami

Postby Burger in a can » Wed Aug 25, 2010 11:29 pm

ITT: Unexpected confusion-->unexpected hilarity.

am060459
Posts: 609
Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2009 12:14 am

Re: Penn State and UMiami

Postby am060459 » Wed Aug 25, 2010 11:29 pm

Spinozist21 wrote:
am060459 wrote:3.24 159
non-urm
decent work/internship/volunteer experiences

looking for Business Law and dont mind to much about being restricted into a geographical region


You really should plan to retake that LSAT :wink: :lol:

Anyways, you should be good at both schools. Penn State is a good school, do you have a campus preference?


i am scheduled to take the october lsat.

i prefer Carlisle.

User avatar
Spinozist21
Posts: 522
Joined: Fri Mar 26, 2010 11:23 am

Re: Penn State and UMiami

Postby Spinozist21 » Wed Aug 25, 2010 11:31 pm

Kafka wrote:
lawschool2014 wrote:I would advise against both of those schools. They are diploma mills with very bad career prospects. If you can't break 163, re consider law school.

Also, Whartan is not part of Penn State


It's Wharton. And it is a part of Penn State, which is a great school. It is weird though that their main campus is in State College, but their law school is in their Philadelphia satellite campus. While the school might not be an Ivy, Penn State Law is still pretty good and well-respected in the region.

WE ARE!

PENN STATE!


Ummm...

Penn State Business School:
http://www.smeal.psu.edu/

University of Pennsylvania Business School (Wharton):
http://www.wharton.upenn.edu/

User avatar
Spinozist21
Posts: 522
Joined: Fri Mar 26, 2010 11:23 am

Re: Penn State and UMiami

Postby Spinozist21 » Wed Aug 25, 2010 11:32 pm

am060459 wrote:
Spinozist21 wrote:
am060459 wrote:3.24 159
non-urm
decent work/internship/volunteer experiences

looking for Business Law and dont mind to much about being restricted into a geographical region


You really should plan to retake that LSAT :wink: :lol:

Anyways, you should be good at both schools. Penn State is a good school, do you have a campus preference?


i am scheduled to take the october lsat.

i prefer Carlisle.


I was just joking with you about the LSAT really.

Why do you prefer Carlisle?

Kafka
Posts: 62
Joined: Mon Aug 16, 2010 1:48 am

Re: Penn State and UMiami

Postby Kafka » Wed Aug 25, 2010 11:35 pm

OP I think you have a better shot at UPenn State at Philadelphia than Miami. My friend got me football tickets, so hopefully I will see you the Nitt. games! UPenn State is going to be really strong this year in the Big 10!

WE ARE!

PENN STATE!

P.S. Wharton is a part of UPenn State's Philadelphia campus, not State College.
Last edited by Kafka on Wed Aug 25, 2010 11:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Spinozist21
Posts: 522
Joined: Fri Mar 26, 2010 11:23 am

Re: Penn State and UMiami

Postby Spinozist21 » Wed Aug 25, 2010 11:37 pm

Kafka wrote:OP I think you have a better shot at UPenn State at Philadelphia than Miami. My friend got me football tickets, so hopefully I will see you the Nitt. games! UPenn State is going to be really strong this year in the Big 10!

WE ARE!

PENN STATE!


University of Pennsylvania State University?

Seems a little redundant to me, doesn't it to you? :lol: :lol:




Return to “What are my chances?”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest