LSAT prep test

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
kwv108

LSAT prep test

Postby kwv108 » Sun Aug 22, 2010 4:51 am

Ladies/Gentlemen,
I registered on this site to see what some of you make of my current situation. I am, and always have been, interested in attending law school. I am a 22 year old active duty Marine, and up to this point I am getting ready to start my 3rd year of undergrad. All through the completion of my associate degree I maintained a 3.7 GPA. I am majoring in Political Science as this is a topic of interest for me. I have three years left on my contract to finish the remaining two years of undergrad. I say this because I would very much like to use my post 9/11 GI bill to pay for law school, or as much of it as possible. This brings me to my first question, when is a good time for me to take the LSAT? I took a Kaplan practice test tonight without ever previously reviewing the material to see where I stand, and scored a 145. I fully realize this is a terrible score. How do I go about improving this atrocity? Based on the information I have given do you think I have a shot at this seemingly insurmountable task? I am stationed in Hawaii, and have seriously considered staying here and attempting the University of Hawaii law school. However, I would be willing to move to make this happen somewhere else. Any advice or opinions are welcome. :)

Respectfully,
Kevin

sophia.olive

Re: LSAT prep test

Postby sophia.olive » Sun Aug 22, 2010 5:32 am

It is not even close to a insurmountable task. Purchase the bibles, LR and LG. Give yourself 6 months to study, three of those should be pretty intense. Forget about your first score and learn the test.
Dont waste your gpa on a low lsat score, shoot for 180. It is not that hard to score high dont get intimidated. Search this site for help and advice on studying and applying.
Post-high lsat score, apply to where ever you want and aim high.
semperfi or whatever.

kwv108

Re: LSAT prep test

Postby kwv108 » Sun Aug 22, 2010 7:47 am

Thank you very much for the reply Sophia :) I appreciate your words of encouragement

Return to “What are my chances?”