Getting in after academic dismissal

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!

Getting in after academic dismissal

Postby bifocus » Sat Aug 21, 2010 5:14 pm

I was dismissed from a truly bad law school. I was planing on transferring- my first semester grades were fine, but some how did terribly my second semester and got dismissed. I am still trying to figure out how it happened.

My plan now is to get a job as a paralegal, if possible, and retake the LSAT. A poor LSAT score (147) is why I ended up at that school in the first place. While this situation sucks, part of me is glad I don't have to go back there. That school has a 60% 9 month employment rate and is located in an awful area.

Does anyone have any experience with applying to law school after being dismissed? Should I be doing more? I am confident that I can get a much higher score on my LSAT. My practice tests are averaging mid 150's now. My target school is University of Baltimore after the required 2 year waiting period.

Thanks in advance for any advice or shared experiences

Re: Getting in after academic dismissal

Postby vanwinkle » Sat Aug 21, 2010 6:09 pm

Return to “What are my chances?”