160/3.87/ AA Male Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
saito816

Bronze

160/3.87/ AA Male

Post by saito816 » Fri Aug 20, 2010 6:09 pm

I was just wondering what my chances might be at the following schools.
Super Reaches:
CCN (is it really worth the app fee)
Reaches:
Berkeley
MVP (Virginia offered me a fee waiver, so I figured its worth a shot, although I was wondering if Michigan gives a URM boost? because if not I don't think it's worth an app)
Northwestern (I'm not planning on applying at, because of a lack of WE outside of a couple internships)
Duke (via their priority track)
Cornell
Georgetown
Vanderbilt
George Washington ( I received a postcard inviting me to apply for their presidential scholarship, but I'm not sure I have a legit shot at that)
Boston U
Target:
William & Mary
Ohio State
Safety:
Case Western
Cincinati

Thanks so much

Knock

Platinum

Re: 160/3.87/ AA Male

Post by Knock » Fri Aug 20, 2010 6:10 pm

I'd say Virginia might be your best overall bet, perhaps worth an ED there :).

sophia.olive

Silver

Post by sophia.olive » Fri Aug 20, 2010 6:19 pm

+1
uva

Rand M.

Silver

Post by Rand M. » Fri Aug 20, 2010 6:36 pm

CCN is definitely worth applying to. I would say the odds are definitely in your favor that you would land at least one of the three. I would almost go as far to say that it would be strange if you struck out in that mini-tier.

Cut those safeties off unless you have a compelling reason for applying. The schools you have labeled 'targets' are actually your safeties. You should be a slam dunk everywhere past Duke. Your inclinations on Michigan are probably right. It would probably be a tough get since their AA policy is so embattled.

Bottom line- aim high.

sophia.olive

Silver

Post by sophia.olive » Fri Aug 20, 2010 6:46 pm

saito816 wrote:I was just wondering what my chances might be at the following schools.
Super Reaches:
Reaches:
Berkeley
MVP (Virginia offered me a fee waiver, so I figured its worth a shot, although I was wondering if Michigan gives a URM boost? because if not I don't think it's worth an app)
Northwestern (I'm not planning on applying at, because of a lack of WE outside of a couple internships)
Cornell
Georgetown
Vanderbilt
George Washington ( I received a postcard inviting me to apply for their presidential scholarship, but I'm not sure I have a legit shot at that)
Boston U
Target:
William & Mary
Ohio State
Safety:
Case Western
Cincinati

Thanks so much
OP how are you receiving all this stuff, i did last year but not this year. did you update you stuff or express the initial interest.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Gold

Post by 20121109 » Fri Aug 20, 2010 6:49 pm

Also, Harvard is a stretch, but you should still send in an app...You'll probably be WLed.

I know an AA dude with a 162/3.8 and an AA girl with a 160/3.69, both of whom were WL/Accepted.

Good luck :)

Sh@keNb@ke

Bronze

Post by Sh@keNb@ke » Fri Aug 20, 2010 7:29 pm

I'd say ED to Columbia/NYU if getting into the best ranked school is in your interests.

Rand M.

Silver

Post by Rand M. » Fri Aug 20, 2010 7:47 pm

Sh@keNb@ke wrote:I'd say ED to Columbia/NYU if getting into the best ranked school is in your interests.
Why leave out the other 'C'?

Gold

Post by 20121109 » Fri Aug 20, 2010 7:53 pm

Rand M. wrote:
Sh@keNb@ke wrote:I'd say ED to Columbia/NYU if getting into the best ranked school is in your interests.
Why leave out the other 'C'?
'Cause no one cares about your future alma mater, Rand <3

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

saito816

Bronze

Post by saito816 » Fri Aug 20, 2010 8:22 pm

sophia.olive wrote:
saito816 wrote:I was just wondering what my chances might be at the following schools.
Super Reaches:
Reaches:
Berkeley
Cornell
Georgetown
Vanderbilt
Boston U
Target:
William & Mary
Ohio State
Safety:
Case Western
Cincinati

Thanks so much
OP how are you receiving all this stuff, i did last year but not this year. did you update you stuff or express the initial interest.
This was my first time taking the LSAT, and I just signed up for CRS in early June, so that's probably why I've been receiving it. At least that would be my best guess.

saito816

Bronze

Post by saito816 » Fri Aug 20, 2010 8:26 pm

I've considered this, but I'm a bit worried that then I wouldn't have any chance whatsoever at getting money. Although, I suppose my chances of getting any money at all are kind of slim in the T14 anyway, so that concern may be irrelevant.
If I were to go that route, which one of CCN do you think I'd have the best shot at with ED?

Knock

Platinum

Post by Knock » Fri Aug 20, 2010 8:26 pm

saito816 wrote:
I've considered this, but I'm a bit worried that then I wouldn't have any chance whatsoever at getting money. Although, I suppose my chances of getting any money at all are kind of slim in the T14 anyway, so that concern may be irrelevant.
If I were to go that route, which one of CCN do you think I'd have the best shot at with ED?
NYU

sophia.olive

Silver

Post by sophia.olive » Fri Aug 20, 2010 8:34 pm

saito816 wrote:
Im not sure about not getting money from a t14

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Rand M.

Silver

Post by Rand M. » Fri Aug 20, 2010 8:39 pm

Knockglock wrote:
saito816 wrote:
NYU
I think you could get money from NYU. I think there are a few schools in the T14 that would throw something your way. Apply broadly-->profit.

saito816

Bronze

Post by saito816 » Fri Aug 20, 2010 8:52 pm

Rand M. wrote:
Knockglock wrote:
saito816 wrote:
NYU
I think you could get money from NYU. I think there are a few schools in the T14 that would throw something your way. Apply broadly-->profit.
So do you think I'd be better off skipping the ED, and just applying RD at CCN on down, and hoping for the best? Would that significantly decrease any chance I'd have at NYU?
Thanks so much for all the responses.

sophia.olive

Silver

Post by sophia.olive » Fri Aug 20, 2010 9:01 pm

Would you take half off lower t14 vs nyu with nothing?
If yes dont ed just in case, if no ed nyu.

I personally would not ed and just blanket the top 20 selectively.
Would you go to NYU full price or wustl for free?

EDs scare me.

saito816

Bronze

Post by saito816 » Sat Aug 21, 2010 9:41 am

sophia.olive wrote:Would you take half off lower t14 vs nyu with nothing?

EDs scare me.
Yeah, this is sort of what I was thinking; the whole ED thing makes me pretty nervous as well.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

sophia.olive

Silver

Post by sophia.olive » Sat Aug 21, 2010 9:49 am

If you have no uber compelling reason to go to law school NOW!! you could just apply regular every where and if there isnt something you are happy with, you can retake the lsat next june and depending on what you make apply again with or without an ED to nyu.

I think this provides you with the most options. If you can manage a little patience.
Last edited by sophia.olive on Sat Aug 21, 2010 9:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

sophia.olive

Silver

Post by sophia.olive » Sat Aug 21, 2010 9:50 am

saito816 wrote:
sophia.olive wrote:Would you take half off lower t14 vs nyu with nothing?

EDs scare me.
Yeah, this is sort of what I was thinking; the whole ED thing makes me pretty nervous as well.
especially for a URM and a SPLITTER. too hard to predict.

TCScrutinizer

Bronze

Post by TCScrutinizer » Sat Aug 21, 2010 10:36 am

I know you're practically already doing this, but blanket the T14 and apply to 3 or 4 targets within the top 30/40, and you should be fine.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Return to “What are my chances?”