GPA: 3.22 LSAT: 180 Chances at Columbia, NYU?

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
IAFG

Re: GPA: 3.22 LSAT: 180 Chances at Columbia, NYU?

Postby IAFG » Fri Aug 20, 2010 6:45 pm

spondee wrote:
IAFG wrote:
sophia.olive wrote:And if the interest in tax continues, i think NYU is the best?

o pls it makes no difference whatsoever CLS is going to prep you for a career in tax just as well

No. The idea that all the top schools are equally strong in all areas of law is overstated on TLS. NYU will have more tax classes and from bigger-name professors. If all else is equal, and if you're certain you want to do tax, NYU is clearly a stronger choice than CLS.

yes, bc we go to law school to learn the law.

spondee

Postby spondee » Fri Aug 20, 2010 6:51 pm

IAFG wrote:
spondee wrote:
IAFG wrote:
sophia.olive wrote:And if the interest in tax continues, i think NYU is the best?

o pls it makes no difference whatsoever CLS is going to prep you for a career in tax just as well

No. The idea that all the top schools are equally strong in all areas of law is overstated on TLS. NYU will have more tax classes and from bigger-name professors. If all else is equal, and if you're certain you want to do tax, NYU is clearly a stronger choice than CLS.

yes, bc we go to law school to learn the law.

There are plenty of intrinsic benefits in greater course selection and stronger faculty.

2ofspades

Postby 2ofspades » Fri Aug 20, 2010 6:54 pm

spondee wrote:
IAFG wrote:

...and this.

Return to “What are my chances?”