155 LSAT, 2.6 GPA... Any chance at a Tier 2?

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
Helpless Helper

155 LSAT, 2.6 GPA... Any chance at a Tier 2?

Postby Helpless Helper » Fri Aug 20, 2010 1:06 am

As you are probably thinking, I realize that my GPA and LSAT are not the best... Still I am hoping to get accepted into a top 100, tier 2 school. An example of some schools that I would like to get into include New York Law, Hofstra University, Pace University or Rutgers University. I know that people with similar GPAs and LSAT scores have been accepted into these schools, however I am not terribly confident that I will be one of the lucky few.

Currently, I am attending one of the top 50 colleges in the United States. Not to mention, it has one of the hardest business schools in the nation. Still, I don't think that any admission board will care about this in the slightest. On the other hand, I do have a load of social activities and other statements that I would like to make in my application.

I am involved in political boards, heading a philanthropy organization, greek life and I have a job that I had to work very hard for to get promoted. Additionally, I have won some academic awards for my writing talents. Not to mention, there have been some pressing issues on my life throughout my time in college.

I have an extremely busy lifestyle, which has had an effect on my grades throughout the past 3 years. Still, I am not sure how much my activities, hardships or my busy lifestyle can help me become admitted into a law school.

A Tier 2 law school in the north-east United States really is my dream and one major goal in life right now. I know that I am still new to the forum, but if any of you could provide feedback or comments towards my post, I would greatly appreciate that!

Thank you. :D

Re: 155 LSAT, 2.6 GPA... Any chance at a Tier 2?

Postby bk1 » Fri Aug 20, 2010 1:26 am

Re: 155 LSAT, 2.6 GPA... Any chance at a Tier 2?

Postby pkpop » Fri Aug 20, 2010 1:32 am

Honestly I'm not gonna say that you have NO shot, but it doesn't look good. LSP has you at deny for all t2 schools.
I think the best case scenario for you would be a WL-in if you're lucky...and you'd be paying sticker.

Retaking the LSAT is probably the best option.

Return to “What are my chances?”