LSAT 165 / LSDAS GPA 4.09 Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
djt27

New

LSAT 165 / LSDAS GPA 4.09

Post by djt27 » Tue Aug 17, 2010 6:36 pm

I took the LSAT in June and received scored a 165. I had been scoring around that, slightly higher, on some practice tests leading up to it. I am going to be studying abroad this fall and graduating from undergrad in the spring, so I do not see a retake in my future. I am planning on going directly into law school next fall, so was hoping to get some insight on my chances at particular schools.

A little about myself: senior undergraduate, political science and business dual major, university honors college, strong softs: resident assistant, student government chairman, teaching assistant, legislative intern/researcher for a Member of Congress for two years, served on the Board of Directors of a non-profit corporation during undergrad, coordinated 500+ student conference, student oversight board for Dean of Students/Provost.

I am interested in big law around Chicago, DC Metro, or Boston--but really would be open to law schools anywhere.

With a strong personal statement and some good letters of recommendation, what are my chances at some of these schools that I am currently considering?:

I know some are reaches, but any advice would be helpful. ED any of these? Money at any?

American
BC
BU
UCLA
Cornell
Duke
Emory
Fordham
George Washington
GULC (Big reach, I know)
UIUC
Notre Dame
USC
UVA
UW-Madison
Wash U-SL
William and Mary

acadec

Bronze

Re: LSAT 165 / LSDAS GPA 4.09

Post by acadec » Tue Aug 17, 2010 7:40 pm

I think you're underestimating yourself. Apply to Boalt. You have a decent chance there because of their penchant for high GPAs. Other than that:

GULC, UVA - WL/Out
UCLA, GW, UIUC, Cornell - WL/In
Everything else - In

Good luck!

Return to “What are my chances?”