Disregard

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!

Which scenario would you recommend?

Scenario #1
25%
Scenario #2
No votes
Scenario #3
50%
Other (Please, please, please specify)
25%

Total votes: 4

bocastudent

Disregard

Postby bocastudent » Tue Aug 17, 2010 6:02 am

THANK YOU VERY MUCH IN ADVANCE!!!
Last edited by bocastudent on Thu Aug 19, 2010 10:56 am, edited 2 times in total.

Knock

Re: Please help me out with these 3 scenarios.(LSAT/GPA changes)

Postby Knock » Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:34 pm

Don't take October instead of December if we're talking a 4 point difference. The best advice would be to take it in December or next June and apply for the 2012 cycle.

Taking it in December is pretty late to apply for this cycle, and will hurt you at your dream schools.

I know this isn't what you want to hear, but I think that would be the way to go. Do you have a job or something productive you could do for a year?

PS, love the color coding :P.

bocastudent

Postby bocastudent » Tue Aug 17, 2010 5:16 pm

Knockglock wrote:Don't take October instead of December if we're talking a 4 point difference. The best advice would be to take it in December or next June and apply for the 2012 cycle.

Taking it in December is pretty late to apply for this cycle, and will hurt you at your dream schools.

I know this isn't what you want to hear, but I think that would be the way to go. Do you have a job or something productive you could do for a year?

PS, love the color coding :P.

Haha thank you!

I don't have anything set, but if I do take a year off, I'll do some intense job searching and hopefully find something in a law firm. Also, I have a good chance at finding something at the DA/state attorney since I've worked with them already. Does anyone recommend a certain type of job to have during the year break that would work in my favor in terms of showing them that it helped me gain a A LOT experience (since it'll only be a year).

Thanks again, Knockglock!
Last edited by bocastudent on Tue Aug 17, 2010 5:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

d34d9823

Postby d34d9823 » Tue Aug 17, 2010 5:24 pm

Yeah, as much as I'm champing at the bit to go to law school, it hurts to tell you to wait a year, but that's the correct decision in this scenario. Not to mention that more time for economy to recover = better.

bocastudent

Postby bocastudent » Thu Aug 19, 2010 2:40 am

d34dluk3 wrote:Yeah, as much as I'm champing at the bit to go to law school, it hurts to tell you to wait a year, but that's the correct decision in this scenario. Not to mention that more time for economy to recover = better.

Thank you, d34dluk3! I got home from my Testmasters course tonight and the idea of having a few extra months to study sounded very, very good! Ahh! :/

Does anyone have additional ideas/comments/suggestions? Please?

Gaucho

Postby Gaucho » Thu Aug 19, 2010 2:48 am

Why can't you combine both option 1 & 2? Take your 163 and apply before Thanksgiving. Retake in December and get that 167+ It is highly likely (though not guaranteed) that your December score will come out before most colleges render a decision on your file. As soon as it comes out, it will trigger a new LSDAS report to all the schools you applied to, sending them your new, (hopefully) higher score. Best of both worlds?

PS, just got home from my Testmasters class too. These complex association LG's are killing me softly :?

bocastudent

Postby bocastudent » Thu Aug 19, 2010 3:02 am

mm

Return to “What are my chances?”