-

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
speedyj88

-

Postby speedyj88 » Mon Aug 16, 2010 3:14 pm

Last edited by speedyj88 on Tue Nov 30, 2010 7:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

vespertiliovir

Re: 3.52/170, compelling gpa addendum, some we

Postby vespertiliovir » Mon Aug 16, 2010 3:22 pm

Normally I would recommend not writing an addendum, since your GPA isn't really that low, but it seems like you have a legitimate reason. That said, the addendum probably will not make a huge difference -- a numbers game is a numbers game, at the end of the day.

With your stats, I would suggest applying to the lower half of the t14, just to see who bites.

speedyj88

Postby speedyj88 » Thu Aug 19, 2010 6:30 pm

Thanks for the advice. I was wondering if anyone had any additional comments or tips. If someone had a legitimate reason for a GPA addendum in the past and could comment on the effect it had on their cycle (whether significant or none whatsoever) I'd love to hear about it as well.

2ofspades

Postby 2ofspades » Thu Aug 19, 2010 11:25 pm

vespertiliovir wrote:Normally I would recommend not writing an addendum, since your GPA isn't really that low, but it seems like you have a legitimate reason. That said, the addendum probably will not make a huge difference -- a numbers game is a numbers game, at the end of the day.

With your stats, I would suggest applying to the lower half of the t14, just to see who bites.

This is only half true. You need to at least be at median for LSAT with a low GPA. However, if you have a legitimate reason why you could not have been expected to receive higher grades and can offer concrete support, some admissions officers will make you an offer even while your LSAT twins with similar or higher GPAs are being WLed or rejected. If your experience is as you describe, I think you will find an excellent school that will overlook your freshman grades if you apply broadly, including MVPBDNCG. (That said, keep in mind that some lower T14s frequently admit 170 / 3.52s without a GPA addendum.)

PM me for more info.

Return to “What are my chances?”