Should I blanket the T14? 164/3.65 URM

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
abarrios

Should I blanket the T14? 164/3.65 URM

Postby abarrios » Sat Aug 14, 2010 2:09 pm

Thought I would ask on here since LSN doesn't take into account past arrests.

With these numbers and URM status (Mexican-American), should I blanket the T14?

The only iffy part about my application is my record. Two past arrests for theft. One was a class C misdemeanor and the other was class B. I completed probation successfully for both charges, though, and it has been over two years since I have been in trouble. I will be providing an addendum.

Other than that, I have decent letters and a good personal statement.

So, should I blanket the T14? And, if I do blanket the T14, what should I expect?

Any thoughts or suggestions are greatly appreciated.

mfeller2

Re: Should I blanket the T14? 164/3.65 URM

Postby mfeller2 » Sat Aug 14, 2010 2:14 pm

I think you have a good chance at the lower T14. The arrest history will act as a negative soft and probably exclude you from the top 10, since most of the applicants that do get in have better softs with similar numbers. But if you get fee waivers, you should definitely apply to upper T14 schools.

abarrios

Postby abarrios » Sat Aug 14, 2010 2:15 pm

mfeller2 wrote:I think you have a good chance at the lower T14. The arrest history will act as a negative soft and probably exclude you from the top 10, since most of the applicants that do get in have better softs with similar numbers. But if you get fee waivers, you should definitely apply to upper T14 schools.

What do you think my chances for Duke are? I recieved a fee waiver from them via e-mail yesterday.

mfeller2

Postby mfeller2 » Sat Aug 14, 2010 2:20 pm

I'd say you have a decent chance maybe 70% if you get your app in early. Write a good PS, and include an addendum about the arrests and what you learned from them. You got a good chance, but like all advice you will get from this site I will includ , RETAKE the LSAT and your chances might improve by a lot.

Return to “What are my chances?”