Harvard UG

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
JerseyGirl23

Harvard UG

Postby JerseyGirl23 » Fri Aug 13, 2010 4:12 pm

Hey I am getting ready to be a senior at Harvard this upcoming Fall, with a double major in psychology and government. I had some issues my freshman year that left me with a pretty poor GPA for the year, that I have managed to raise up to a 3.3. This isn't the GPA I would hope for, so I am concerned about my top Law school chances. I will take the LSAT in the beginning of Oct, but have scored between 165-170 on all of my practice tests. If I hope to get a 170 on Test Day, do I still have any chances with T-14 schools? What about Top 20? Good scholly money from lower-ranked schools like Villanova and Seton Hall? I am not a URM candidate; have a lot of "soft factors" like Director of several Harvard UG clubs. Any input would be appreciated, and thanks!

slotwide

Re: Harvard UG

Postby slotwide » Fri Aug 13, 2010 4:21 pm

I have the exact same numbers 3.3/170 and I am expecting a good shot at UVA on down with ED. To break the T14 you may have to ED with these kind of splitter numbers.

PoorOrpheus

Postby PoorOrpheus » Fri Aug 13, 2010 4:37 pm

Have you seen the Grids? They're super-helpful and include the GPA, LSAT, ethnicity, and concentration for applicants of the previous year for every law school applied to. Your pre-law advisor should have a copy or just go to OCS.

JerseyGirl23

Postby JerseyGirl23 » Fri Aug 13, 2010 4:50 pm

Yes, I was advised to not go to OCS and look at the grids until after Test Day though so I don't stress myself out too much. But, I think I will pick one up when I get back in a couple weeks anyway, because it would be the most helpful indicator.

vanwinkle

Postby vanwinkle » Fri Aug 13, 2010 5:02 pm

170+ or bust for T14. It's all about the LSAT now; the difference between 169 and 170 is the difference between your dreams coming true and MacArthur Park melting in the dark.

acrossthelake

Postby acrossthelake » Fri Aug 13, 2010 7:18 pm

JerseyGirl23 wrote:Yes, I was advised to not go to OCS and look at the grids until after Test Day though so I don't stress myself out too much. But, I think I will pick one up when I get back in a couple weeks anyway, because it would be the most helpful indicator.

The Grids are going to give you way more helpful information than people here can, since that's data specifically for Harvard grads. Also, what, The Grids will stress you out, but TLS won't? :lol:

jayn3

Postby jayn3 » Fri Aug 13, 2010 7:22 pm

acrossthelake wrote:
JerseyGirl23 wrote:Yes, I was advised to not go to OCS and look at the grids until after Test Day though so I don't stress myself out too much. But, I think I will pick one up when I get back in a couple weeks anyway, because it would be the most helpful indicator.

The Grids are going to give you way more helpful information than people here can, since that's data specifically for Harvard grads. Also, what, The Grids will stress you out, but TLS won't? :lol:

yeah no kidding. i think TLS may have actually made me insane during my app cycle =\

JerseyGirl23

Postby JerseyGirl23 » Fri Aug 13, 2010 8:07 pm

You're right...I will get The Grids right away. And continue to stress myself out on TLS in the mean time. :)

JerseyGirl23

Postby JerseyGirl23 » Fri Aug 13, 2010 8:14 pm

slotwide wrote:I have the exact same numbers 3.3/170 and I am expecting a good shot at UVA on down with ED. To break the T14 you may have to ED with these kind of splitter numbers.

Thanks for your advice...I was planning on applying ED to Georgetown. Good luck with UVA and your other schools!

slotwide

Postby slotwide » Sat Aug 14, 2010 5:48 pm

No problem... I would think you would have an extremely good shot at Georgetown with those numbers ED.

Return to “What are my chances?”