Chances - 3.75, 170 Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
Sgtpeppernyc

Bronze

Chances - 3.75, 170

Post by Sgtpeppernyc » Sun Aug 08, 2010 10:55 am

I was hoping I could get some input as to my chances. I was a Music Business Major at NYU with a 3.75 GPA and a 170 LSAT. Musician, and have played in Carnegie Hall, the MSG theater, and am currently in a small level touring band and work full time as a Project Manager in the Advertising industry.

One problem - my NYU disciplinary is a bit scarred (a few offenses, but nothing more than alcohol-related).

I would appreciate any input on my chances in the following schools:

Columbia
NYU
Penn
Michigan
Chicago
Northwestern
Duke
UVA
Cornell
Georgetown

Thanks!

jdhopeful11

Bronze

Re: Chances - 3.75, 170

Post by jdhopeful11 » Sun Aug 08, 2010 10:56 am

lawschoolpredictor.com

sophia.olive

Silver

Post by sophia.olive » Sun Aug 08, 2010 10:58 am

wrong forum

wait no, you played at MSG, IN at all.
Actually i wouldnt bother applying to all the schools and just apply to Harvard and Yale. You have some great softs, there was a candidate just like you that got into those two schools last year.
This is what you do, apply to Harvard, Yale, and if you dont hear back from them by March, apply to the rest.

JoePaternoYoDaddy

New

Post by JoePaternoYoDaddy » Sun Aug 08, 2010 11:57 am

No real chance at any of those schools enjoy iowa

Deuce

Silver

Post by Deuce » Sun Aug 08, 2010 12:12 pm

Sgtpeppernyc wrote:I was hoping I could get some input as to my chances. I was a Music Business Major at NYU with a 3.75 GPA and a 170 LSAT. Musician, and have played in Carnegie Hall, the MSG theater, and am currently in a small level touring band and work full time as a Project Manager in the Advertising industry.

One problem - my NYU disciplinary is a bit scarred (a few offenses, but nothing more than alcohol-related). Really won't be as big of a deal as you think.

I would appreciate any input on my chances in the following schools:

Columbia- Out
NYU- Out, if ED maybe WL/In
Penn-WL/In
Michigan- WL/In
Chicago- Out
Northwestern-WL/In
Duke- In
UVA- Wl/In
Cornell- In
Georgetown- In

Thanks!
My prediction. Good luck!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

kazu

Gold

Post by kazu » Sun Aug 08, 2010 12:16 pm

sophia.olive wrote: This is what you do, apply to Harvard, Yale, and if you dont hear back from them by March, apply to the rest.
No... you can't apply to the "rest" in March, I'm pretty sure all of the schools up there stop receiving applications in February.

OP, based on just your numbers you might get 1 out of Columbia, Chicago & NYU (although you could get more or less), I'd say 50/50 at Penn & UVA and IN at the rest.

However, those are some serious softs. I would throw an app at Yale if I were you, because it seems like with those softs you have a good a shot as any. I honestly don't know how those softs will play into your application cycle - maybe someone else will be able to give better insight.

But if you've played at Carnegie Hall and the MSG theatre why on earth are you trying to become a lawyer? Just curious......

JoePaternoYoDaddy

New

Post by JoePaternoYoDaddy » Sun Aug 08, 2010 12:23 pm

kazu wrote:
sophia.olive wrote: This is what you do, apply to Harvard, Yale, and if you dont hear back from them by March, apply to the rest.
No... you can't apply to the "rest" in March, I'm pretty sure all of the schools up there stop receiving applications in February. OP, based on just your numbers you might get 1 out of Columbia, Chicago & NYU (although you could get more or less), I'd say 50/50 at Penn & UVA and IN at the rest. However, those are some serious softs. I would throw an app at Yale if I were you, because it seems like with those softs you have a good a shot as any. I honestly don't know how those softs will play into your application cycle - maybe someone else will be able to give better insight. But if you've played at Carnegie Hall and the MSG theatre why on earth are you trying to become a lawyer? Just curious......
I bet you have a huge dick

Sgtpeppernyc

Bronze

Post by Sgtpeppernyc » Sun Aug 08, 2010 12:32 pm

Thanks guys!

Those shows were a long time ago with student classical ensembles. Right now I'm in an indie band (and plan on leaving my job to tour with them mid next year. While i love playing wtht hem, rock music is a crapshoot - Entertainment/IP law is a field that I can see myself practicing in, so I plan on doing that eventually.

vanwinkle

Platinum

Post by vanwinkle » Sun Aug 08, 2010 1:21 pm

JoePaternoYoDaddy wrote:I bet you have a huge dick
I bet you've been banned.

hellojd

Bronze

Post by hellojd » Mon Aug 09, 2010 5:05 pm

vanwinkle wrote:
JoePaternoYoDaddy wrote:I bet you have a huge dick