Chances - 3.75, 170

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
Sgtpeppernyc
Posts: 156
Joined: Fri Feb 26, 2010 5:51 pm

Chances - 3.75, 170

Postby Sgtpeppernyc » Sun Aug 08, 2010 10:55 am

I was hoping I could get some input as to my chances. I was a Music Business Major at NYU with a 3.75 GPA and a 170 LSAT. Musician, and have played in Carnegie Hall, the MSG theater, and am currently in a small level touring band and work full time as a Project Manager in the Advertising industry.

One problem - my NYU disciplinary is a bit scarred (a few offenses, but nothing more than alcohol-related).

I would appreciate any input on my chances in the following schools:

Columbia
NYU
Penn
Michigan
Chicago
Northwestern
Duke
UVA
Cornell
Georgetown

Thanks!

User avatar
jdhopeful11
Posts: 481
Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2008 3:39 pm

Re: Chances - 3.75, 170

Postby jdhopeful11 » Sun Aug 08, 2010 10:56 am

lawschoolpredictor.com

User avatar
sophia.olive
Posts: 885
Joined: Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:38 pm

Re: Chances - 3.75, 170

Postby sophia.olive » Sun Aug 08, 2010 10:58 am

wrong forum


wait no, you played at MSG, IN at all.
Actually i wouldnt bother applying to all the schools and just apply to Harvard and Yale. You have some great softs, there was a candidate just like you that got into those two schools last year.
This is what you do, apply to Harvard, Yale, and if you dont hear back from them by March, apply to the rest.

JoePaternoYoDaddy
Posts: 18
Joined: Fri Apr 16, 2010 6:42 pm

Re: Chances - 3.75, 170

Postby JoePaternoYoDaddy » Sun Aug 08, 2010 11:57 am

No real chance at any of those schools enjoy iowa

User avatar
Deuce
Posts: 1048
Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:12 am

Re: Chances - 3.75, 170

Postby Deuce » Sun Aug 08, 2010 12:12 pm

Sgtpeppernyc wrote:I was hoping I could get some input as to my chances. I was a Music Business Major at NYU with a 3.75 GPA and a 170 LSAT. Musician, and have played in Carnegie Hall, the MSG theater, and am currently in a small level touring band and work full time as a Project Manager in the Advertising industry.

One problem - my NYU disciplinary is a bit scarred (a few offenses, but nothing more than alcohol-related). Really won't be as big of a deal as you think.

I would appreciate any input on my chances in the following schools:

Columbia- Out
NYU- Out, if ED maybe WL/In
Penn-WL/In
Michigan- WL/In
Chicago- Out
Northwestern-WL/In
Duke- In
UVA- Wl/In
Cornell- In
Georgetown- In

Thanks!


My prediction. Good luck!

User avatar
kazu
Posts: 1602
Joined: Sun Dec 06, 2009 9:35 pm

Re: Chances - 3.75, 170

Postby kazu » Sun Aug 08, 2010 12:16 pm

sophia.olive wrote:This is what you do, apply to Harvard, Yale, and if you dont hear back from them by March, apply to the rest.

No... you can't apply to the "rest" in March, I'm pretty sure all of the schools up there stop receiving applications in February.

OP, based on just your numbers you might get 1 out of Columbia, Chicago & NYU (although you could get more or less), I'd say 50/50 at Penn & UVA and IN at the rest.

However, those are some serious softs. I would throw an app at Yale if I were you, because it seems like with those softs you have a good a shot as any. I honestly don't know how those softs will play into your application cycle - maybe someone else will be able to give better insight.

But if you've played at Carnegie Hall and the MSG theatre why on earth are you trying to become a lawyer? Just curious......

JoePaternoYoDaddy
Posts: 18
Joined: Fri Apr 16, 2010 6:42 pm

Re: Chances - 3.75, 170

Postby JoePaternoYoDaddy » Sun Aug 08, 2010 12:23 pm

kazu wrote:
sophia.olive wrote: This is what you do, apply to Harvard, Yale, and if you dont hear back from them by March, apply to the rest.
No... you can't apply to the "rest" in March, I'm pretty sure all of the schools up there stop receiving applications in February. OP, based on just your numbers you might get 1 out of Columbia, Chicago & NYU (although you could get more or less), I'd say 50/50 at Penn & UVA and IN at the rest. However, those are some serious softs. I would throw an app at Yale if I were you, because it seems like with those softs you have a good a shot as any. I honestly don't know how those softs will play into your application cycle - maybe someone else will be able to give better insight. But if you've played at Carnegie Hall and the MSG theatre why on earth are you trying to become a lawyer? Just curious......
I bet you have a huge dick

Sgtpeppernyc
Posts: 156
Joined: Fri Feb 26, 2010 5:51 pm

Re: Chances - 3.75, 170

Postby Sgtpeppernyc » Sun Aug 08, 2010 12:32 pm

Thanks guys!

Those shows were a long time ago with student classical ensembles. Right now I'm in an indie band (and plan on leaving my job to tour with them mid next year. While i love playing wtht hem, rock music is a crapshoot - Entertainment/IP law is a field that I can see myself practicing in, so I plan on doing that eventually.

User avatar
vanwinkle
Posts: 9740
Joined: Sun Dec 21, 2008 3:02 am

Re: Chances - 3.75, 170

Postby vanwinkle » Sun Aug 08, 2010 1:21 pm

JoePaternoYoDaddy wrote:I bet you have a huge dick

I bet you've been banned.

User avatar
hellojd
Posts: 411
Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:29 pm

Re: Chances - 3.75, 170

Postby hellojd » Mon Aug 09, 2010 5:05 pm

vanwinkle wrote:
JoePaternoYoDaddy wrote:I bet you have a huge dick

I bet you've been banned.

:lol:




Return to “What are my chances?”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: genjustice, lawschoolbound2017 and 3 guests