3.25 lsgpa and practice lsat in the mid 150's

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
kalvano

Re: 3.25 lsgpa and practice lsat in the mid 150's

Postby kalvano » Mon Aug 09, 2010 1:54 pm

Total Litigator wrote:In all fairness I don't know why everyone is giving 2014 a hard time. He's pretty much just giving the standard go to top Tier 1 school advice. And his profile shows he has some pretty impressive stat's so I don't think its unqualified.

I'm more than half-way convinced it's that asshat dukelawguy again.

evilgenius

Postby evilgenius » Mon Aug 09, 2010 2:02 pm

It's highly unlikely that your GPA with a 160 LSAT score will not get you into a T14....but this doesnt seem to be your question.

Those stats will definitely get you into SUNY Buffalo and probably Syracuse as well. If you're looking to stay in the northeast some other respectable that schools you should consider are:

University of Pittsburgh
Penn State
Northeastern University
University of Maine
Hofstra University
St John's (might be a reach)
Rutgers - Newark
Rutgers - Camden
Albany Law School

clintonius

Postby clintonius » Mon Aug 09, 2010 2:03 pm

evilgenius wrote:It's highly unlikely that your GPA with a 160 LSAT score will not get you into a T14....but this doesnt seem to be your question.

Please be an accidental double negative.

legal_eagle

Postby legal_eagle » Mon Aug 09, 2010 11:41 pm

i'm mainly looking at schools in the northeast out of NYC. Don't get me wrong if i were to get an acceptance into a T1 school such as maryland i would seriously consider my options at that point. Its my lackluster gpa that is really serving as a deflater. I just didn't care or event consider about grad/law school or the effects of a low 3 gpa my freshman and sophomore years.

lawschool2014

Postby lawschool2014 » Mon Aug 09, 2010 11:47 pm

evilgenius wrote:It's highly unlikely that your GPA with a 160 LSAT score will not get you into a T14....but this doesnt seem to be your question.

Those stats will definitely get you into SUNY Buffalo and probably Syracuse as well. If you're looking to stay in the northeast some other respectable that schools you should consider are:

University of Pittsburgh
Penn State
Northeastern University
University of Maine
Hofstra University
St John's (might be a reach)
Rutgers - Newark
Rutgers - Camden
Albany Law School

toilet schools.

Tifoso

Postby Tifoso » Tue Aug 10, 2010 12:14 am

I am halfway sympathetic to 2014's advice. ITE, going to a law school outside the top schools doesn't seem like a great investment. But, at the same time, 2014 you sound like a straight up punk the way you are trashing other people's schools. I understand there is a benefit to going to a name brand school. That is why I chose Columbia, Oxford and Northwestern. But the best quality of education I have experienced was at UMass-Boston. It's unfair to call a bunch of schools like those listed below 'toilet schools'. I do believe there is such a thing as a toilet school - they are called for profit schools. Every single school on the list here though is a more than respectable institution. In fact, I was rejected from PhD programs at both Pitt and Rutgers, while I got full funding w/ 25k stipend for a JD/PhD from Northwestern, and also got into CCN and Michigan with money for straight JDs. Both Pitt and Rutgers have among THE very finest academics in several divisions. Yes, I know this isn't entirely relevant to their law schools. Just don't be a dickhead. Your alma mater will never compensate for whatever else it is that you obviously lack.

northwood

Postby northwood » Tue Aug 10, 2010 12:25 am

OP i take it you are a NY resident. going to UB is a good idea, since you would be paying in state tuition( a huge savings), as long as you want to stay in western ny.( the job outlook is pretty bleak at best). study as hard as possible for the test, and see how you do. once you get your grades, then decide what schools you can get into, and weigh the costs and benefits accordingly. There is nothing wrong with going to a regional school in a region that you want to stay in.

Total Litigator

Postby Total Litigator » Tue Aug 10, 2010 1:08 am

Okay, my bad, 2014 is a douche.

legal_eagle

Postby legal_eagle » Tue Aug 10, 2010 10:58 am

northwood wrote:OP i take it you are a NY resident. going to UB is a good idea, since you would be paying in state tuition( a huge savings), as long as you want to stay in western ny.( the job outlook is pretty bleak at best). study as hard as possible for the test, and see how you do. once you get your grades, then decide what schools you can get into, and weigh the costs and benefits accordingly. There is nothing wrong with going to a regional school in a region that you want to stay in.

yeah i'm a ny resident. The in state tuition is a very important factor in deciding on a law school. I am generally adverse to debt unless i see a good reason to go into debt. (aka getting into a tier 1 school).

sophia.olive

Postby sophia.olive » Tue Aug 10, 2010 11:08 am

kalvano wrote:
sophia.olive wrote:sticks and stones,.... sticks and stones.... my friend ..

You do understand that -

1) Throwing applications at the T14 is a worthless endeavour and will only get him 14 letters / emails that begin with "We regret to inform you..."
2) SMU is not Southern Mississippi University.

At least, one would hope that you do.

1. maybe 13 rejects and 1 acceptance
2. Sure it isn't,.... sure :) (you dont have to be embarrassed about going to southern miss, I had a friend who went there and she liked it! Im not sure but i think southern miss is ranked in the high 20s or low 30s so its right at the TTT cut off. Which everyone knows is 35)
3Changing southern miss to SMU is not very subtle. Is that the acronym southern miss really uses

clintonius

Postby clintonius » Tue Aug 10, 2010 11:35 am

1. Unless OP is a URM or has *game-changing* softs like being a Rhodes Scholar (and what Rhodes Scholar has a 3.25 and 155?), he will be rejected from T14. That's not really questioned by anybody except you.

2. Try this

sophia.olive

Postby sophia.olive » Tue Aug 10, 2010 11:43 am

clintonius wrote:1. Unless OP is a URM or has *game-changing* softs like being a Rhodes Scholar (and what Rhodes Scholar has a 3.25 and 155?), he will be rejected from T14. That's not really questioned by anybody except you.

2. Try this

I think she meant southern miss not southern methodist university. (i would know i live in the metroplex)

clintonius

Postby clintonius » Tue Aug 10, 2010 11:51 am

lulz. At least be coherent when you troll.

sophia.olive

Postby sophia.olive » Tue Aug 10, 2010 11:57 am

clintonius, why in the world did you get screwed over like that in your cycle. Did you apply late?

clintonius

Postby clintonius » Tue Aug 10, 2010 11:59 am

sophia.olive wrote:clintonius, why in the world did you get screwed over like that in your cycle. Did you apply late?

?

kalvano

Postby kalvano » Tue Aug 10, 2010 1:23 pm

sophia.olive wrote:
clintonius wrote:1. Unless OP is a URM or has *game-changing* softs like being a Rhodes Scholar (and what Rhodes Scholar has a 3.25 and 155?), he will be rejected from T14. That's not really questioned by anybody except you.

2. Try this

I think she meant southern miss not southern methodist university. (i would know i live in the metroplex)

So a complete idiot then.

clintonius

Postby clintonius » Tue Aug 10, 2010 1:24 pm

Nah, see last post. Total flame. Though I must admit I'm horribly ashamed to be attending NYU this fall.

buckythebadger

Postby buckythebadger » Thu Aug 12, 2010 12:34 am

Total Litigator wrote:In all fairness I don't know why everyone is giving 2014 a hard time. He's pretty much just giving the standard go to top Tier 1 school advice. And his profile shows he has some pretty impressive stat's so I don't think its unqualified.

Everyone should be giving him a hard time, his 'advice' is more then idiotic. Although you should never let the opinion of an internet forum persuade you, the potential for comments like his to negatively effect the OP's decision is still there. My guess is that he is either A) Goes to top 14 and is full of himself or B) Makes up lies to make his pathetic life feel better

The whole "Top 14"/"Tier 1" or bust advice is overused on this site by self enriched tools. Sure, if your dreams are to work BigLaw then it becomes almost a necessity to attend a t14 school. But if you read the constitution, which I'm sure everyone on this site has, you would know that every individual is guaranteed the right to a fair trial. Do you think a single mother working two jobs to support her children can afford to hire a lawyer that went to a 100k dollar law school? Our judicial system can not function without average lawyers from average law schools. Other then the massive debt that law school will surely provide me with, this is the second reason I've questioned law school being my future. And that is knowing that a good portion of my colleagues will be egotistic douchebags. Posters/Students like lawschool2014 should do the rest of us a favor and go to med school.

legal_eagle

Postby legal_eagle » Thu Aug 12, 2010 8:56 am

buckythebadger wrote:

Everyone should be giving him a hard time, his 'advice' is more then idiotic. Although you should never let the opinion of an internet forum persuade you, the potential for comments like his to negatively effect the OP's decision is still there. My guess is that he is either A) Goes to top 14 and is full of himself or B) Makes up lies to make his pathetic life feel better

The whole "Top 14"/"Tier 1" or bust advice is overused on this site by self enriched tools. Sure, if your dreams are to work BigLaw then it becomes almost a necessity to attend a t14 school. But if you read the constitution, which I'm sure everyone on this site has, you would know that every individual is guaranteed the right to a fair trial. Do you think a single mother working two jobs to support her children can afford to hire a lawyer that went to a 100k dollar law school? Our judicial system can not function without average lawyers from average law schools. Other then the massive debt that law school will surely provide me with, this is the second reason I've questioned law school being my future. And that is knowing that a good portion of my colleagues will be egotistic douchebags. Posters/Students like lawschool2014 should do the rest of us a favor and go to med school.

+10000000000

sophia.olive

Postby sophia.olive » Thu Aug 12, 2010 9:10 am

clintonius wrote:Nah, see last post. Total flame. Though I must admit I'm horribly ashamed to be attending NYU this fall.

No, i just don't know why you got rejected from Minnesota and other schools, with your numbers.
Did you apply late?

ajmanyjah

Postby ajmanyjah » Sat Aug 14, 2010 4:18 pm

kalvano wrote:

I'm more than half-way convinced it's that asshat dukelawguy again.

It most certainly is.

Return to “What are my chances?”